Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    For those with the RT188, what exactly is the storage length? My garage is very tight, but this is still an option for me. Is there any ability to modify the trailer in moving the winch assembly to gain more space?

I have a side rod locker, tackle in the middle. I keep six rods on the deck, three on each side. If I didn't have the middle tackle locker I would need to move rods every time I wanted to access my lures which is a pain.

I have a Crestliner MX19 that has a center rod locker and no way to put rods in the Port/Starboard lockers. Coming from a glass boat, I'd rather have the center storage for tackle to avoid having to move rods to get to the side compartments. Also, my rod locker does not have a bent lid so I have to angle the rods to get them in the tubs.

However, I do like the storage of the AVID's with the "monster tube" in the 19XB, 20XB, & 21XB Elite.

42-1-1-scaled.jpg

fx30.2106.00_00_11_04.Still097-scaled.jpg

To the OP question, No do not exclude them.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

5. Member
    My Lund has port and starboard rod lockers, because of the length of my boat (16.5 ft.) both are 7ft. long and there isn't much storage space except under both consoles. The port side is used for rods, and I can only put 6.5 ft. rods into it (with a strap to hold them), starboard side has paddles, light poles and boat hook and dock rope, however I installed rod straps on top of the locker and cut an opening in the port console, to create a "pass through" on the top side of the locker, I can now use and strap down 8ft. rods if I want. I would prefer a center rod locker, its not possible because my 42" livewell is centered on the bow deck, it all depends on the boat configuration. Don't be afraid to make minor modifications to the boat to suit your needs.

6. Member
    I once thought i didn't need rod sox.
    Wave Therapy

7. Member
    My Polar Kraft Frontier has both center plus port and starboard rod lockers. The center takes 9 rods which is usually full. I put everything but rods in the side lockers.

8. Member
    Same for the back two boxes. My wife hates how she can't access the boxes well with threes rods on each side of the deck. Since we don't use the live well, she uses that for storage.

9. Member
    My last BCB had centre rod storage, as that was the design that I wanted. My Lund now has centre rod storage as well. I think it depends on whether you are looking for easy access for tackle or rods when you fish. I prefer easy access to rods in the centre.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12