Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Matt apparently is a numbers and statistics type guy, and get's hammered for it quite a bit (in a good natured way) by Casteldine, Andrew, and Ish on Upshaw's podcast. Basicaly overthinks everything and by the time he figures something out he's pretty much a trunk slammer at that point. It's a shame b/c it would be cool to see him take the next step, but TBH it would only get worse for him on the Elites I would suspect.

I do wish BASS would stream the opens like MLF does the TWI's... MFL definitely is stepping up both in production and quantity of content/coverage over BASS for sure.
    TWI was the FLW tour. Its a bit different when you just buy an entire organization that has always live streamed.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I was speaking about Lane and Ish rising up the standings.
    Got ya. Yah, those guys are much more likely to have a few top 5s or a win to help their aoy really jump.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I do wish BASS would stream the opens like MLF does the TWI's... MFL definitely is stepping up both in production and quantity of content/coverage over BASS for sure.
    I’m a BASS fan, but after this classic and just lately in general, MLF has far superior tv product in my opinion.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnewer View Post
    The man has fished 1 and 1/3 opens and has already had a more prestigious career than Luke Dunkin
    OHHHH ZING LOL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Unless he sleeps in or someone drops a mega bag tomorrow he'll have his first W and classic invite.
    Under the new Bassmaster Opens EQ, a win still puts you in?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Under the new Bassmaster Opens EQ, a win still puts you in?
    If you win one, you then have to fish the rest of the other tournaments within the division. So if Ben wins this one, he has to fish the next one to get in, but yes.
    2000 Nitro 901 CDX
    2000 Mercury Optimax 200 - Serial Number 0T090056

6th Sense Custom Lures
    Pure Fishing
    The Rod Glove

Quote Originally Posted by Dnewer View Post
    The man has fished 1 and 1/3 opens and has already had a more prestigious career than Luke Dunkin
    But can he shake a bottle of Startron?

8. Member
    The white new balance crowd that beats the banks with yellow spinner baits is gonna be pissed.

9. Member
    Surprised that nobody is talking about the 18 year old kid in second. And I'm guessing that he has an official in the boat today as Basstrakk has numbers entered for him for the first time.
    2014 920/SHO

It's looking like a two horse race and Big Ben is leaving the door open right now.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    It's looking like a two horse race and Big Ben is leaving the door open right now.
    Just caught #5 and I guarantee you he is sandbagging on weights he's telling whomever is with him.
    2014 920/SHO

Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Just caught #5 and I guarantee you he is sandbagging on weights he's telling whomever is with him.
    Just saw that, he's got a 9.5 lead with a limit. I think his first two were smaller fish that will cull if he can get the big blobs to eat his tennis shoe sole size bait.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Just saw that, he's got a 9.5 lead with a limit. I think his first two were smaller fish that will cull if he can get the big blobs to eat his tennis shoe sole size bait.

Seems he's had a pretty easy time of it the past two days.
    2014 920/SHO

14. Member
    Someone will have to freak show it to catch him tiday.

Impressive start to the season.

15. Member
    Showing 17 on basstrack so probably 18-19. I'd say he'll start spending more time on the big blobs to have some fun

16. Member
    Showing 17 on basstrack so probably 18-19. I'd say he'll start spending more time on the big blobs to have some fun
    Has a realistic shot at breaking the all time Opens winning weight record. Needs 24 and change today.
    2014 920/SHO

17. Member
    Let's go Ben!

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    The white new balance crowd that beats the banks with yellow spinner baits is gonna be pissed.
    I used to chunk a lot of white spinnerbaits to match my shoes being too concerned about fashion probably hurt my fishing.

However after a few long days on the water those White NB’s took a shade of yellow so used a combination of Chartreuse and White as the catch rate did improve now that I look back on it.

19. Member
    Reporting almost 21 already. Just blew this event completely out.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Surprised that nobody is talking about the 18 year old kid in second. And I'm guessing that he has an official in the boat today as Basstrakk has numbers entered for him for the first time.
    He is the real deal too. Dominated BFLs in IL last couple years. Down well in other big tourneys outside IL as well. Crazy how good he is fishing right now at such young age.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast