Thread: Keel damage?

Keel damage?

I was curious if anyone could tell me on the new pro teams is the metal that runs down the keel from the bow to the stern just for protection? It's looks almost like molding. While I was doing maintenance this weekend I noticed this metal was bent a little. Its right under the stern section, like right underneath where the gas tank would be. Just to give you guys an idea of location. Not sure when this would of happened or if the boat came like this.. It practically brand new.

I attached a pic for reference.

20230402_204040.jpg

2. #FRB
    I'm pretty sure that strip going down the keel is for protection for those of us who like to run their boat up on the bank...and ramps when necessary. Looking at your damage, I would take it to your local Tracker dealer and see what they say. I've heard Tracker can get really weird when it comes to warranty so I wouldn't attempt to fix it yourself just yet. If it were my boat and had some age on it like mine does I'd just fill it with JB Weld and call it a day AFTER seeing if my local Tracker dealer would do anything for me in a timely manner.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Take it to a Tracker dealer!! My bow cracked (BIG TIME) and was five years out of warranty. They shipped it back to the factory and returned it better than new. The crack was from lack of quality welding inside the hull. That pic looks like a weak spot in the hull. If the dealer doesn't help you out, go to another dealer.