Thread: My Quest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I am on the board for August! The leaking oil bath hub and then a bad back have kept me off the water for awhile but I am over those problems. I was going today even if I had to lie flat on an air mattress and row out on the lake. The lakes around here have a heavy stain and the deep water weeds have largely disappeared.

Good deal. I know how you feel if I don't get to wet a line for a few weeks.

Big fish are scarce for me right now. Haven't caught anything over 3#'s in at least a month.

3. Member
    I don't think I caught a fish last Saturday that hit two pounds so my catches were small. I alternated between topwater and finesse though and caught everything on finesse. Only one hit on top and the fish hit the lure hard enough to knock it out of the water but avoided the hooks. I had some crankbaits and a swim jig tied on but ended up never getting those rods out of the box which was probably a mistake.

Yesterday this one fell to a crankbait. Only three months left to go.
    21767.jpg

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Yesterday this one fell to a crankbait. Only three months left to go.
    21767.jpg
    I think you are going to make it.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

6. Member
    Congrats on the big September bass Joel! I got on the board for September today. We are almost done with the easy months.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Congrats on the big September bass Joel! I got on the board for September today. We are almost done with the easy months.
    Yep, Nov and Dec ,ight prove challenging. I also have a big scratch in the bottom of my boat that needs to be fixed. Not sure I can wait until Jan to have it done, but not having it might keep me from getting this accomplished.

8. Member
    Getting that scratch fixed is a tough decision. If you wait until January, that could derail your quest for 2024.

9. Member
    On the board for October.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    On the board for October.
    Boat is at RMP now getting some work done. Hope it doesn't take them too long.

11. Member
    Hopefully your boat is done soon and you get on the board for October The weather has been pretty good for a long time and I keep thinking it will turn bad in the near future.

Was able to get the boat back on Friday and made it out for a little while yesterday late. Took a bit to catch one, as Wilson County might be starting to turn over.

13. Member
    Congrats! The lakes I fish haven't turned over yet but fishing has slowed down. The lakes around here seem to be suffering from green algae which is ruining water clarity.

14. Member
    On the board for November! Tough day though. One month to go and it will probably not be easy.

Good deal Craig. I was able to manage a few fish on Sat as well. It was very tough for me though. Thought I was going to have to count a little 12" fish for a bit until one around 15.5" finally bit.

16. Member
    Congrats Joel!

17. Member
    On the board for December so mission complete in 2023. Tough day with the breezy cloudy weather and water temps of 42-43. Only 8 total and they were all small but I will not complain. Your turn Joel.

Mine might be in jephordy. Yesterday was probably my best chance time and weather wise this month, but the starting battery was shot when I went out to get ready to go. I had been nursing that battery all year, so I imagine the cold finally did it in.

Finished the feat yesterday. Only four a my little meadow pond and they were not very impressive. Hopefully I can get out again on the boat before Dec is over and catch a keeper to make me feel a little better about counting a Dec fish.

20. Member
    Congrats Joel! I knew you would figure out a way to get it done. I have been recovering from COVID but am hoping to get back on the water this weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast