Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I think the future is that manufacturers will build fewer boats with an even higher price tag. I can’t see ikon selling many boats at that price tag. Custom order only maybe for most brands.

what does every else think?

who can justify a fishing boat at the prices they are now? And bottom line that is what they are - fishing boats.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I think the future is that manufacturers will build fewer boats with an even higher price tag. I can’t see ikon selling many boats at that price tag. Custom order only maybe for most brands.

what does every else think?

who can justify a fishing boat at the prices they are now? And bottom line that is what they are - fishing boats.
    Not only that but who is going to spend that kind of money then go take it out fishing to get scratched up and maybe even have a co-angler mess something up all while chasing a few hundred dollars in you local club tourney?

Guys ... you are all saying the same things they said 30yrs ago.
    The only thing that has changed to some degree is the availability at your dealer of floor models. Seems like there are less of those in todays world vs. 30yrs ago. Boat manufacturers are busy as ever, even in this crazy world we live in today.
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Not only that but who is going to spend that kind of money then go take it out fishing to get scratched up and maybe even have a co-angler mess something up all while chasing a few hundred dollars in you local club tourney?
    Who is going to spend that kind of money on one and then not use it and get it scratched up?

In spite of what seemingly so many fresh water fishermen in the south think, the definition of “fishing” is not necessarily competing in a bass tournament.

Some of us actually spend a good portion of our disposable income on just catching various species of fish, and either eating them or letting them go with no chance of winning prizes.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    No secrets out there....just a reveal for a very well thought out boat. The access you have to your equipment is stellar. The storage is insane. And my favorite part...it's different. Not a cookie cutter style boat.
    Im pretty sure bass cat holds that tidal and has for years ...

They are not trying to build a boat that appeals to every budget. They are high end and are not tryingto downplay that at all.

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Guys ... you are all saying the same things they said 30yrs ago.
    The only thing that has changed to some degree is the availability at your dealer of floor models. Seems like there are less of those in todays world vs. 30yrs ago. Boat manufacturers are busy as ever, even in this crazy world we live in today.
    Kind of but not completely. 30 years ago a 20 year boat loan or longer wasn’t even considered. You could buy a boat with a 5 year note. The day has come that the blue collar worker can no longer afford an 80-100k fishing boat. Not unless the average wage of those workers increases substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Kind of but not completely. 30 years ago a 20 year boat loan or longer wasn’t even considered. You could buy a boat with a 5 year note. The day has come that the blue collar worker can no longer afford an 80-100k fishing boat. Not unless the average wage of those workers increases substantially.
    I know plenty of blue-collar workers making 6 figures.... Increase their wages to what?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Who is going to spend that kind of money on one and then not use it and get it scratched up?

In spite of what seemingly so many fresh water fishermen in the south think, the definition of “fishing” is not necessarily competing in a bass tournament.

Some of us actually spend a good portion of our disposable income on just catching various species of fish, and either eating them or letting them go with no chance of winning prizes.
    All I'm saying is you don't go buying a half a million dollar Ferrari and then go playing in the mud with it. At least I wouldn't if I spent that kind of money on something.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    Im pretty sure bass cat holds that tidal and has for years ...
    I know bass cat makes nice boats, but one certain models guys are having to cut out giant holes to access the bow plate. The bass boat world certainly could use some saltwater influence when it comes to rigging ease, and it looks like icon has it more well thought out that anyone out there yet.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

All I'm saying is you don't go buying a half a million dollar Ferrari and then go playing in the mud with it. At least I wouldn't if I spent that kind of money on something.
    However, you didn’t buy a half a million dollar Ferrari. You bought a half a million dollar tractor made for driving in the mud.

We can talk all you want about those blue collar workers that can’t afford a $120,000 boat, but the equivalent blue collar workers couldn’t afford a $70,000 boat fifteen years ago, nor could they afford a $50,000 boat twenty five years ago.

The fact that these boats exist speaks to the affluence that has crept into the ranks of the fisherman crowd. It’s the definition of success, and all the equipment and technology offered recently would exist if it hadn’t.

That Ikon is awesome, and others like it are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I know bass cat makes nice boats, but one certain models guys are having to cut out giant holes to access the bow plate. The bass boat world certainly could use some saltwater influence when it comes to rigging ease, and it looks like icon has it more well thought out that anyone out there yet.
    Which model?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Which model?
    I know I had to cut like 5 or 6 inch hole in my Eyra under the trolling motor pedal just to install my LiveScope.

Access to everything else especially in the back is simple and easy as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    I know I had to cut like 5 or 6 inch hole in my Eyra under the trolling motor pedal just to install my LiveScope.
    Mine already has that port from the factory.

15. Member
    Mine is a 2017 model, I guess they started that after that sometime.

16. Member
    i heard from the grapevine today that my local ranger dealer is getting some demo ikon boats.he has said if they prove to be good boats that they will kick ranger down the road due to ranger has become a pain to deal with.parts,warrant issue etc..my son ,who is 28yrs old,makes 120k a year and has no family ,bought his 19 521 there.in a year when the motor warranty is up he expects to trade in/sell the 521 to get back into a warrnty.granted,he fishes 220 days a year.but im thinking daaaaamn...thats 120k all setup..considering a bought a new 22 518 for 38k

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

Offshore boats are three are three times or more that Ikon…they have blood and guts on the deck routinely. Scratches are part of bass fishing. My current rig is coming up 7 years old..I’ve got near six figures in it with upgrades…it’s got some minor war wounds…nothing terrible, and it’s going to need new carpet in a couple years. I don’t abuse it, but I don’t worry about it…it’s my fishing boat.

I would think most that consider that Ikon are going to be pretty serious anglers, not necessarily competitive, but serious. There will also be buyers who just really like nice things. Always been a market for top of the line. Down here we have quite a few events where top prizes are 10-50K..it’s a
    little more than just bass club stuff going on...it’s a lifestyle for many and they go all in.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanker71 View Post
    i heard from the grapevine today that my local ranger dealer is getting some demo ikon boats.he has said if they prove to be good boats that they will kick ranger down the road due to ranger has become a pain to deal with.parts,warrant issue etc..my son ,who is 28yrs old,makes 120k a year and has no family ,bought his 19 521 there.in a year when the motor warranty is up he expects to trade in/sell the 521 to get back into a warrnty.granted,he fishes 220 days a year.but im thinking daaaaamn...thats 120k all setup..considering a bought a new 22 518 for 38k
    he fishes 220 days a year? What is his profession to make $120,000 and be able to fish that much?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Offshore boats are three are three times or more that Ikon…they have blood and guts on the deck routinely. Scratches are part of bass fishing. My current rig is coming up 7 years old..I’ve got near six figures in it with upgrades…it’s got some minor war wounds…nothing terrible, and it’s going to need new carpet in a couple years. I don’t abuse it, but I don’t worry about it…it’s my fishing boat.

I would think most that consider that Ikon are going to be pretty serious anglers, not necessarily competitive, but serious. There will also be buyers who just really like nice things. Always been a market for top of the line. Down here we have quite a few events where top prizes are 10-50K..it’s a
    little more than just bass club stuff going on...it’s a lifestyle for many and they go all in.
    I would gamble that offshore don't see the abuse that a bassboat sees routinely. Maybe you guys are okay with it but I would cringe at the thought of it and a big reason why I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a fishing boat.

20. Member
    Maybe the new basscats are better, but I know the eyras like west tn was talking about. I know most don't need access all the time, that's a massive oversight in accessibility imo.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast