Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    What a pos

2. Member
    Alabama Power could revoke his dock permit for that exchange and he would have to tear it down.
    Joey Aderhold

That's bad! I hope a game warden has a talk with him.

These dock owners (Karens) need to realize they do own the docks, just not the waters. I can understand someone flipping a jig and banging it off the side of his/her boat. That would pi$$ me off. But if I was out there and him just fishing, I’d ask him how the bite was that day. No biggie.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    Was he carring a long gun when walking off. At the end of vidio‽

6. Member
    Man he was not happy.

7. Member
    It's a tough balance sometimes... Being a homeowner on a lake, with a dock, and a less-than-common circumstance where I DO own the water but we allow public access and seeing the stupid things some boaters do...
    vs
    Being a boater myself and trying to be a good steward of the waters and surrounding property owners.

Still, property owner made some bad decisions there... Time to reassess his meds.

I hope nothin happens to anyone but one day that ol dude may not be able to walk back up to his house if he brandishes that weapon to the wrong person….
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    Where was this?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stroked out View Post
    Was he carring a long gun when walking off. At the end of vidio‽
    Yea that’s the point of the video. The dude is threatening the boater with a shotgun or rifle in his hand.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
    That's bad! I hope a game warden has a talk with him.
    Yeah... while taking him to jail

I could see that guy shooting at somebody after he's had a few beers.

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Roll Tide!

Dang - Guy in the boat should hire the Boss to file some charges on the Karen dock owner.

15. Banned
    Be nice, the poor old fella was just upset because of the pesky chaffing from the flip flop strap between his toes. He's trying, he had socks on!

16. Member
    Any video besides FB ?

17. Member

18. Member
    I'd guess they pulled into a slip to unsnag a bait? I always worry about that situation when fishing a boat dock.. I hate leaving a hook on a dock where a person or child could get hurt while swimming. Yet pull in to remove it and offend the same owner. Literally on some lakes in this country, it's near impossible now to get to a bank unless your fishing in or around a dock. I really think this needs to be addressed a lot better by permitting bodies so when a dock owner puts it in he understands the rules of the road.. A lot of variance state to state and even lake to lake about how this works. I'd guess at some point here we're going to be seeing a video of someone getting shot and killed as fishing pressure and dock ownership keeps increasing. Then more than likely all the states will just come in and ban fishing within so far of a dock, because of course it's easy? And wealthy landowners/property tax payers on lakes are going to have a lot more pull with local governments than recreational fishing will?

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    I'd guess they pulled into a slip to unsnag a bait? I always worry about that situation when fishing a boat dock.. I hate leaving a hook on a dock where a person or child could get hurt while swimming. Yet pull in to remove it and offend the same owner. Literally on some lakes in this country, it's near impossible now to get to a bank unless your fishing in or around a dock. I really think this needs to be addressed a lot better by permitting bodies so when a dock owner puts it in he understands the rules of the road.. A lot of variance state to state and even lake to lake about how this works. I'd guess at some point here we're going to be seeing a video of someone getting shot and killed as fishing pressure and dock ownership keeps increasing. Then more than likely all the states will just come in and ban fishing within so far of a dock, because of course it's easy? And wealthy landowners/property tax payers on lakes are going to have a lot more pull with local governments than recreational fishing will?
    I'm afraid you are right and along with all that fishing pressure there could also be a fatalities involving fishermen arguing over a tournament spot.

Hopefully all the chest thumping and gun twirling posts you see on Bass Sites and Facebook of what they woulda done if that had been them and what the other guy shoulda or coulda done are just empty internet posturing.

1. I hope he filed a harassment report and the guy gets charged
    2. When I was fishing at Chick, the dock owner of the place we stayed told us that once you put a dock on Chick, it becomes property of the public or TVA and it's not considered private property. I realize this is Alabama, but thought that was interesting.
    3. Guy should lose his dock permit

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast