Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dartag1829

GM to quit making the Camaro.

As a retired GM guy I find this interesting. Wonder what is next. This could be interesting for Nascar.

GM to stop making the Camaro but a successor may be in works (msn.com)

2. Member
    I love 1st and 4th Gen. Have never liked them since they resurrected them.

would LOVE to have this one though
    https://www.zero260.com/posts/the-be...camaro-ss-35th

They need to get rid of Mary Barra before GM is gone. She's running it right down the drain.

4. Member
    Bring back the GTO and the 442.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Sales of 25,000 units per year make it difficult to sustain.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    They need to get rid of Mary Barra before GM is gone. She's running it right down the drain.

She's the worst. But she's a women CEO of an American car company, therefore she can lie and everyone eats it up.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Those are low unit numbers, I would have guessed they sold far more than that.

I was recently surprised to learn that Chevy is only selling in the range of 22,000 new Corvettes a year. The new model is a pretty good value for what it offers (at least on paper, I do not know how they have performed for owners in reality).

Ford discontinued the Ranger truck a few years back when the volume dipped below 250,000 units and continued downward.

It is very expensive to design an auto, tool up for it, and take it into production and they need to sell a substantial volume to make a model work. At least for the legacy US badges like Ford and Chevy, I don't know if the Japanese or other brands can do it cheaper.

I know one thing------- it will sure up the sales of Mustang's again

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Bring back the GTO and the 442.
    I hadn't owned a car in 25 or more years but I might splurge on that one lol
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Glad I ordered my 22. 6 speed V8. Figured it was my last shot for a V8 manual car. Goes along well with my 87. And the 93 and 2 84's I've had in the past.
    Wishing I was Fishing

12. Member
    I really liked driving the SS one weekend a few years ago. I’d strongly consider it but there is zero way my wife would be comfortable with the awful blind spots the car has. And she’d have to occasionally drive it when I have the truck and boat, so it’s a no go. It’s too bad because I felt like it handled better than the Mustang GT I’m also considering. Thank god Ford decided to continue the Mustang for another generation (2024+ model year)-and with a V8 nonetheless. The v8 in the stang is absolutely killer. And yes; with the challenger and Camaro going away after the current MY, we are pretty much left with the mustang GT for a reasonably priced V8 car (not truck). Sucks. We are getting old, lol.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

13. Member
    They are one of those cars that are great on paper, but IMO can let you down in person. Terrible sightlines, big blind spots, pretty rough factory paint jobs, small on the interior for how big the car is, not the best interior quality, and fully specced out the power / ride is almost too much for a street car. That said, kind of a bummer the sports car is slowly dying, and with the right color combos they can be good looking cars.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
    I really liked driving the SS one weekend a few years ago. I’d strongly consider it but there is zero way my wife would be comfortable with the awful blind spots the car has. And she’d have to occasionally drive it when I have the truck and boat, so it’s a no go. It’s too bad because I felt like it handled better than the Mustang GT I’m also considering. Thank god Ford decided to continue the Mustang for another generation (2024+ model year)-and with a V8 nonetheless. The v8 in the stang is absolutely killer. And yes; with the challenger and Camaro going away after the current MY, we are pretty much left with the mustang GT for a reasonably priced V8 car (not truck). Sucks. We are getting old, lol.
    The new dark horse is sick!

Ive never really considered myself a mustang guy but have always ended up in them. ‘95, ‘04, ‘16

As a retirement gift to myself, I am going to find a great condition ‘04 or ‘96 mystic cobra

More of a reason to get my 94 painted. Screenshot_20230322-195313_Photos.jpg

Would be nice to get a last year model though before we all become electrified.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    They need someone with a set of balls.

17. Member
    They quit building them before. The new ones are teeny tiny in areas with limited luggage room and a mini seat in the rear. Vision is terrible in one with multiple blind spots.

I’ve rented all three of the muscle cars recently, both the Mustang and Challenger are much more roomy.

18. Member
    Love the mystic cobras! Also have a soft spot for those supercharged cobras from the early 2000’s- 390 old school muscle that could easily be increased to 500 hp with a pulley and a good tune!

I owned a 2001 GT 5-speed manual with 4:10 gears and all the bolt-ons. Best sounding car I ever owned. Best 1/4 mi ET was 13.69 which was cooking with that sohc v8.
    Last edited by bman5150; 03-22-2023 at 07:58 PM.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

19. Member
    Bring back the 1st generation Camaro and call it Old?

20. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Too expensive for what it is. My neighbor wanted a new Camaro and bought a new corvette cheaper once he started looking.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast