Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Not that I'm a 100% Randy Fan, but I will point out that he finished in the 60's out of about 220 bolts at Grand last week. Not that bad.

I'll bet a lot of Live Scopers finished worse.

IMHO, FFS is worse on crappie than bass. Most bass fishermen, at least those that can afford FFS, practice catch and release. Does it change the fishing? I'm sure it does, but don't think the mortality rate is that high. We'll just have to adapt.

I stayed for a few days a couple years ago at one of the large resorts on Truman Lake, here in Missouri. At least a dozen crappie guides work out of that resort. Most take out a morning trip and an afternoon trip. Some take early and late. Two or three people usually. Always bring limits of crappie to the cleaning station. I obviously didn't count, but I'll bet close to 1,000 crappie were cleaned every day at that resort. 12 boats x 2/boat x 2 trips/day x 15 limit = 720. Guides only, not counting non-guided anglers.

I discussed this with a Conservation agent casually. He told me that Conversation was aware, and didn't see any possible way they could outlaw the technology, but if trends continue, then limits may have to be reduced.
    I don't think FFS is hurting crappie populations as much as some people think. Just because you can find them don't mean they'll bite. I Crappie fish Lake of the Ozarks and most days I don't keep anything and might catch 50 keepers and I know a lot of others that do the same. But I know people that will take three or four people with them just to keep a lot of fish.

I think they need to raise the length limit on certain lakes in Missouri and may need to do like Mississippi has done on Grenada and have a limit per boat. No matter how many people are on a boat you can just have a certain number of fish.

2. Member
    Dont know if your old enuff, but when plastic worms were new, there was a real look at them by various Game and Fish depts to see if the should be banned. They caught fish like never before back then.

3. Member
    First of all FFS sonar is a no brainer. Yea people will say, ‘It’s not that easy to figure it out’, or ‘you still have to get them to bite’. Common answers for those justifying their purchase or their ego. Simple fact is the first time I tried it on someone else’s boat not my own, I figured it out in about 10 min and it made fishing SO MUCH easier. Finding the fish is half the battle but when you you don’t have to worry about finding the fish it just takes most the guess work out of it. The funny thing is the people that argue that the bass fisherman catch and release anyhow. Well when you bring a fish up from 40+ fow their chances of survival greatly diminish and YES even if they do swim away looking healthy problems don’t occur until hours after they are released, maybe even a full day. Serious physiological effects occur.… I’m convinced a 12 year old kid could compete against any seasoned angler with this technology. Keep hurting those fisheries boys and build your ego.
    Last edited by bigfoot17; 03-22-2023 at 07:12 PM.

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    The King Of Click Bait

Don't waste your time
    that would be miliken for click bait.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    First of all FFS sonar is a no brainer. Yea people will say, ‘It’s not that easy to figure it out’, or ‘you still have to get them to bite’. Common answers for those justifying their purchase or their ego. Simple fact is the first time I tried it on someone else’s boat not my own, I figured it out in about 10 min and it made fishing SO MUCH easier. Finding the fish is half the battle but when you you don’t have to worry about finding the fish it just takes most the guess work out of it. The funny thing is the people that argue that the bass fisherman catch and release anyhow. Well when you bring a fish up from 40+ fow their chances of survival greatly diminish and YES even if they do swim away looking healthy problems don’t occur until hours after they are released, maybe even a full day. Serious physiological effects occur.… I’m convinced a 12 year old kid could compete against any seasoned angler with this technology. Keep hurting those fisheries boys and build your ego.
    You should get it and start dominating. Or hire a 12 year old kid to do it and split the winnings

6. Member
    FFS has helped the weekend guys who only have a day to practice. In the past the locals have always dominated and now i start to see some of the weekend guys compete so FFS helps find the fish faster and levels the playing field some.

7. Member
    the Randy Kool aid must taste oh so sweet

So, going down the bank and casting to visible cover like a dock, pads or a tree takes way more skill........ Blindfolded, maybe.

I always get a kick out of the hell guys give Randy for his views on livescope.

I was listening to the BTL Classic Odds Show last night while working on tackle and Matt and Mark had some back and forth regarding Randy and anti livescope and I had a few good chuckles.

I put livescope on my boat last year and it really didn't make a mountain of difference. Fish don't jump into your boat if you have it.

If Randy put half as much effort into modernizing and improving his game as he does into rant style youtube content, he might be a more successful tournament fisherman.

10. Member
    Randy has an uphill battle to fight on this for sure. He does bring up some good points however, he is approaching it wrong. He should address his issues with the state not the tournament trails. The trails are never going to ban a product that is one of the biggest contributors to their pocketbooks. The most accurate statement in this entire thread is from Phoenix Jim about clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    If Randy put half as much effort into modernizing and improving his game as he does into rant style youtube content, he might be a more successful tournament fisherman.
    Randy Blaukat Stats:
    Professional bass fisherman for 38 years
    Has been invited to 9 FLW Cup tournaments
    Achieved 5 National wins
    Has earned more than $2 million in career tournament earnings
    8 Bassmaster classic appearances
    26 top 10 BASS finishes
    50 top 20 BASS finishes
    10 top 10's in FLW competition
    At age 62 still has the drive to compete
    Sources:bassmaster.com, majorleaguefishing.com, bridgfordfoods.com, bassfan.com

So tell me again why I should listen to your opinions and not Randy Blaukat?

12. Member
    FFS is ancient technologie. Im sure most of you guys remember Raymarine, not a player in the bass market but more in the salt market. Raymarine is Raytheon. Raytheon makes probably all the sonar and stuff that we cant wrap our minds around for the Navy. Guidance systems, missiles, radars and all sorts of wild stuff for the Gov. and very few people know what else they do and their capabilities. Do you think that a US sub is using livescope? Hell no, they may have used "something", like it 30yrs ago. So to say this Randy guy is crazy, hes not, but he's ill informed. Garmin, Lowrance, and Humminbird are defiantly working of the next gen stuff that we all be foaming at the mouth for but even that is ancient. The things that are being developed in labs at places like MIT or Cal Tech today wont hit the market or be public infor for decades to come and when it does, we'll be blown away with it.
    Dont we wish we could get our hands on some of this stuff for our next day on the water?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    the Randy Kool aid must taste oh so sweet
    See we have some sour anglers on here, LOVE the people justifying your livescope.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    Randy Blaukat Stats:
    Achieved 5 National wins
    26 top 10 BASS finishes
    50 top 20 BASS finishes

I don't know if a touch over 50 grand per year before expenses is much to brag about.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I don't know if a touch over 50 grand per year before expenses is much to brag about.
    The credentialism argument is null anyway. I never played in the NBA so I can’t have an opinion on that either I guess lol

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    Randy Blaukat Stats:
    Achieved 5 National wins
    26 top 10 BASS finishes
    50 top 20 BASS finishes

i guess he forgot how rich he was, since he is always whining about how broke he is.

17. Member
    See we have some sour anglers on here, LOVE the people justifying your livescope.
    I must have missed your started thread complaining about guys deep cranking because of fish mortality. FFS is not that expensive not sure any of us have to justify a 2k purchase for our ego LOL

Genuine question since you have mastered FFS, what percentage of bass caught on FFS are in water over 40'?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    I must have missed your started thread complaining about guys deep cranking because of fish mortality. FFS is not that expensive not sure any of us have to justify a 2k purchase for our ego LOL

Genuine question since you have mastered FFS, what percentage of bass caught on FFS are in water over 40'?
    I don’t own it and but have a chance to use it several times on other anglers boat. The are plenty of fish that in 40+ fow. Guess you don’t know anything about barotrauma, you should read up on that. Don’t know where you been fishing and haven’t seen fish in 50-60 fow ever but they do go deep and yes bass too, lmao.
    Last edited by bigfoot17; 03-25-2023 at 07:17 PM.

Bless his heart!
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

20. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Randy has an opinion, isn't that OK? He makes a living from the fishing industry. $50K a year from tournaments over a career is pretty good. That doesn't count his sponsor stuff or other affiliations. Do I agree with his FFS opinion - no. I love my active target, but there are limits when you talk sports. Golf limits what type ball can be used. MLB doesn't allow aluminum bats, etc... FFS is available to all so it isn't a fairness deal, there comes a point though where "sporting" becomes a question even if it is a level playing field. I find myself playing around FFS more than fishing sometimes. But I still enjoy it which is all that matters. You know it won't be long until we are looking at the actual fish on a screen, wonder how much those units will cost?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast