Fort Worth Fishing Expo anyone gping?

I got alot of friends on here. Has anyone seen any advertisements for the Fort Worth Fishing show this weekend at Will Rogers convention center? I know i got alot of friends on here. Bull Shad and a few other swimbait guys will have a booth there starting tommorrow thru Sunday. Weather looks rough if your bored come see us. For more info www.nationalfishingexpos.com.

Atlanta, GA Bass Fishing Guide/Swimbait Mfg
    http://www.BullShad.com

Might try to swing by tommorrow evening depending on hours. Unfortunately I am stuck working all weekend.

3. Member
    I am coming. They did a terrible job of marketing that show. As a fishing industry rep, it snuck up on everyone. Nobody even heard of it until that past couple weeks. I will see you there Mike.

Working all weekend and have the Grandson starting Fri night...won't make this one.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

5. Member
    working cant make it

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Winans View Post
    I am coming. They did a terrible job of marketing that show. As a fishing industry rep, it snuck up on everyone. Nobody even heard of it until that past couple weeks. I will see you there Mike.

I agree. Other than TM talking about it here and elsewhere I heard nothing locally.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I agree. Other than TM talking about it here and elsewhere I heard nothing locally.
    Mark, all the North Texas reps for some of the biggest companies were not even aware. We are talking guys that represent big lines like Zman, Shimano, Costa, 6th Sense, Falcon, Lews/Strike King etc.

I am all for shows of this kind but if industry folks aren’t even aware, what makes them think the general public does? We need shows like this to be successful so that they return.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Mark, all the North Texas reps for some of the biggest companies were not even aware. We are talking guys that represent big lines like Zman, Shimano, Costa, 6th Sense, Falcon, Lews/Strike King etc.

I am all for shows of this kind but if industry folks aren’t even aware, what makes them think the general public does? We need shows like this to be successful so that they return.

I agree. I hope it's a good show. If I go I'll swing by and see yall.

10. Member
    I am going tomorrow and Saturday

I saw a post on Clunn’s Facebook page about him being there to do seminars. Perhaps the promoters relied on similar social media type sources to promote the show to the public?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I saw a post on Clunn’s Facebook page about him being there to do seminars. Perhaps the promoters relied on similar social media type sources to promote the show to the public?
    Hey buddy, they got Rick Clunn, David fritts, Paul Elias and Larry Nixon at this show. That's a pretty good panel of speakers

13. Moderator

I agree 100 percent. The promoter said he spent a alotnof money promoting. TV, radio and Facebook in a 4 hrs radius of dfw.

Quote Originally Posted by T Mike View Post
    Hey buddy, they got Rick Clunn, David fritts, Paul Elias and Larry Nixon at this show. That's a pretty good panel of speakers
    I wish it was closer to me!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Mike View Post
    I agree 100 percent. The promoter said he spent a alotnof money promoting. TV, radio and Facebook in a 4 hrs radius of dfw.
    Must have spent all that money in the wrong areas, wasn't for the fishing forums never would've known it existed

16. Member
    Cross Bait Co. will be there, check them out if you go!