Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkmbjb502 View Post
    I have opened another Ticket with Lowrance CS - and referenced my previous ticket. I will report back if/when they respond.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkmbjb502 View Post
    John - Agreed - While FB has quite a few posts referencing these issues (and IMHO mis-diagnosing some that are AT2 related) but I am just surprised there are not MORE folks having issues. Hopefully the Lowrance "PROs"/priority users on this forum are escalating these issues up the chain.

Related - I have opened another Ticket with Lowrance CS - and referenced my previous ticket. I will report back if/when they respond.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    I have been travelling a lot but finally got out on the water and my dual AT2s have the same freezing problem. I also learned the HDMI port was not functioning with my underwater camera (on both my Pro 16 and Pro 12). Spoke to customer service and both issues are known to them and are to be addressed in the upcoming software update. Nobody at this point I know are aware when the update will be finished. The Restore Defaults bulletin is to address the "no source" issues some have. I did not have this problem, but the freezing came and went throughout the day. At some point one would freeze, and then the other, and then both, and then they would start working again without me having done anything. I am sure they are working to fix these issues as their touring elite tournament anglers must be experiencing the same issues.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Marc - Thanks...per my first Lowrance CS ticket opened on 2/11 and subsequent EMs and calls with CS, I was told an update was being developed...hopefully sooner rather than later...but it's getting to look like "later".

Thanks.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

4. Member
    Anyone have new information on this?

5. Member
    I filed a follow-up CS ticket last week - but never heard anything so opened another CS ticket today (3rd starting on 2/11) - some how I got switched over the Australian version of the website and there is a banner on the site saying there is a Active Target software update for 20.3 but I can't find it, when you follow the link, it appears to go to 20.1, then says it is not available. 20.1 seems to be the latest (what I am running) was there a 20.2?, but maybe they are close if this was posted on Australia site.

Software upgrade (version 20.3) that enables ActiveTarget™ Live Sonar compatibility for HDS LIVE, HDS Carbon and Elite FS is now available.

Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

6. Member
    No 20.2 to my knowledge. The HDS pros are running 23.x but I’ve seen no updates for the live. I also filled out a ticket about a week ago and have heard nothing from Lowrance. Super frustrated at this point.

7. Member
    Hey ya'll....
    Just wanted to jump in here and pass on some information I received back from Lowrance this week regarding my AT going blank. To start with, I've had a Carbon 12 unit and an original AT for about two years now. It was tied to a 36V motorguide trolling motor, and I never had any issues with any of it (including the AT). However, earlier this month, I purchased a Ghost trolling motor, along with the 3 in 1 AI transducer, so I could have an all in one unit (Lowrance Ghost, AT, and 360 imaging) set up on the Carbon 12. What I discovered though, is that anytime I used the 360 and would run a scan, my AT would be blank when I went back to it. The depth and distance numbers would be there on the screen, but no image. I could play around, hitting buttons such as the "restore defaults", etc..., and usually get it to come back on, but it would only stay on for about 15 - 20 seconds, and then go blank again for 15 - 20 seconds (and continue doing this repeatedly???). The only way I could get the AT to work normally again, was to reinstall the AT software update. And... as long as I didn't use the 360, the AT would stay working normally all day.

Anyways, I've spoken with several different people from Lowrance this week trying to get it resolved, but haven't had any success. What concerned me was that when I shared I had seen forums with customers experiencing this same type issue with the screens going blank, they told me they were not aware of it??? When I say this, I don't mean anything negative towards Lowrance. All the folks I spoke with were super nice, and seemed sincere about trying to help me get it fixed. Although, after 3 days of having me do all kinds of "auto configs", resets, turning stuff on/off, swapping ethernet ports, etc..., they told me today that they would have to turn it over to one of their software engineers to see if they could replicate the problem, and then get back with me. They said they didn't know what else to do.

That's when I got a little anxious and started thinking I still have time to return this thing. Long story short, I'm going to keep the Ghost trolling motor, but return the 3 in 1 and not worry about the 360 until I hear the problems with it affecting AT are resolved. Hopefully they do come up with a fix (sooner than later). If you are experiencing a similar problem, I'd definitely reach out to Lowrance, so they hear it from a bunch of their customers. Luckily I'm in a position where I can get my money back, but many are not, and... I most definitely believe it's a communication / software issue based on what I experienced.

8. Member
    Did you get the AI3-1 nosecone or just a transducer for the Ghost? This is very strange as there has been zero issues with the Carbons mostly HDS Lives.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
    Hey ya'll....
    Just wanted to jump in here and pass on some information I received back from Lowrance this week regarding my AT going blank. To start with, I've had a Carbon 12 unit and an original AT for about two years now. It was tied to a 36V motorguide trolling motor, and I never had any issues with any of it (including the AT). However, earlier this month, I purchased a Ghost trolling motor, along with the 3 in 1 AI transducer, so I could have an all in one unit (Lowrance Ghost, AT, and 360 imaging) set up on the Carbon 12. What I discovered though, is that anytime I used the 360 and would run a scan, my AT would be blank when I went back to it. The depth and distance numbers would be there on the screen, but no image. I could play around, hitting buttons such as the "restore defaults", etc..., and usually get it to come back on, but it would only stay on for about 15 - 20 seconds, and then go blank again for 15 - 20 seconds (and continue doing this repeatedly???). The only way I could get the AT to work normally again, was to reinstall the AT software update. And... as long as I didn't use the 360, the AT would stay working normally all day.

Anyways, I've spoken with several different people from Lowrance this week trying to get it resolved, but haven't had any success. What concerned me was that when I shared I had seen forums with customers experiencing this same type issue with the screens going blank, they told me they were not aware of it??? When I say this, I don't mean anything negative towards Lowrance. All the folks I spoke with were super nice, and seemed sincere about trying to help me get it fixed. Although, after 3 days of having me do all kinds of "auto configs", resets, turning stuff on/off, swapping ethernet ports, etc..., they told me today that they would have to turn it over to one of their software engineers to see if they could replicate the problem, and then get back with me. They said they didn't know what else to do.

That's when I got a little anxious and started thinking I still have time to return this thing. Long story short, I'm going to keep the Ghost trolling motor, but return the 3 in 1 and not worry about the 360 until I hear the problems with it affecting AT are resolved. Hopefully they do come up with a fix (sooner than later). If you are experiencing a similar problem, I'd definitely reach out to Lowrance, so they hear it from a bunch of their customers. Luckily I'm in a position where I can get my money back, but many are not, and... I most definitely believe it's a communication / software issue based on what I experienced.

This is a different problem and I’ve had it for a year now. If I use 360 scan (3-1 nosecone), it will knock out my AT. I then have to turn the graph off and then back on. I’ve asked about it and everyone acts stupid, like I’m the only one using 360 or something. Welcome to Lowrance, where they never fix anything.

10. Member
    Basshopper...
    I bought the AI 3-1 nosecone for the Ghost (not using a separate 3-1 transducer). This is what I'm going to go return since I really can't use the 360 without the AT screwing up, and I realized I use my AT much more than the 360 scanning anyways. If I hear they've got things sorted out, I may try again.

Bass in the grass...
    I definitely felt like the people I spoke with at Lowrance didn't have a clue of what might be going on, and wish my AT would return simply by turning it off and back on (not that easy for me)??? I'm just not sure how long it may take for them to get things sorted out, so don't want to get stuck with a $350 transducer that I can't really use.

I called Lowrances customer service four or five times this week, I was anywhere #28-#35 on the wait list, that's a lot of people with problems. I just hung up each time.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    This is very strange as there has been zero issues with the Carbons mostly HDS Lives.
    I only run Carbons and absolutely have the "loosing bottom" and "AT2 freezing" issues. I assume since the title of this thread is "Active Target 2 freezing up" that you meant that Carbons have not been experiencing this which is ABSOLUTELY NOT true.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
    Basshopper...
    I bought the AI 3-1 nosecone for the Ghost (not using a separate 3-1 transducer). This is what I'm going to go return since I really can't use the 360 without the AT screwing up, and I realized I use my AT much more than the 360 scanning anyways. If I hear they've got things sorted out, I may try again.

Bass in the grass...
    I definitely felt like the people I spoke with at Lowrance didn't have a clue of what might be going on, and wish my AT would return simply by turning it off and back on (not that easy for me)??? I'm just not sure how long it may take for them to get things sorted out, so don't want to get stuck with a $350 transducer that I can't really use.

Honestly, the 360 is a nice concept and it does work well, if you have a calm/minor wind day. But after having mine for awhile, I’d tell you to save your money or run dual graphs up front. When I originally bought the nosecone, I thought I could run the 360 mode, while the AT was scanning…nope, it doesn’t work. Then thought, well I’ll 360 and find something interesting, then switch back to the AT….nope, damn graph will lock up or won’t let the AT work.

I thought about using the dual graphs, but I’m just done with them instead, I’m not spending anymore money with them. I’m not going to support a company that can’t get their products to work properly.

14. Member
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I purchased it, and happens to me --- "I'll 360 and find something interesting, then switch back to the AT....nope, damn graph will lock up or won't let AT work". Thanks for the feedback, and hopefully they'll get it all worked out for everyone. I'd like to believe their intentions were good, but just didn't do all their homework before releasing it to market???

I finally got through to Lowrances CS today. I was #13 in the queue so I just put the phone on speaker and worked around the shop and planted a couple muscadine while on hold. I explained like others that my screen would lose the AT but worked fine for everything else and that it seemed to get worse every trip out. The CS rep told me to restore defaults and do two or three soft resets. If that didn’t that I’d need to send the box back. It kinda sucks as this thing has only been on the water five or six times. No software updates anytime soon, I asked.

16. Member
    I emailed Lowrance customer service and got a reply today. The reply states Lowrance was working on a software update that will be released soon, “hopefully by the end of the month.”

I’m not holding my breath. They’ve had more than enough time to come out with a software patch.

17. Member
    I have used my AT2 maybe 10-12 times. It froze the most ever last trip. Lowrance has been slow to address this problem for sure and their public communication gets a zero in my book. Let's keep this thread at the top.

18. Member
    Installed/used my AT2 yesterday for the 1st time. I was using it in forward mode while watching a bottom bouncer being dragged behind the boat. In four hours it did the reset routine twice. Guess I'll open a ticket, if for no other reason than adding my name to the list. Restoring Defaults is NOT a solution. I've done a bit of embedded programming with these real-time UNIX operating systems (the HDS Live 12 is running a version of QT Linux, don't know what the AT2 is running) and it seems to me that some sort of garbage collection routine is kicking in to clean up a memory leak or a watch-dog timer is getting triggered.

19. Member
    New to the AT2, but experienced with Lowrance.

Work a couple of startup issues. Ran my AT2 in manual mode for sensitivity, range & depth.

It would freeze at times. Performed Home->Select Chart screen->Home->AT2 screen. AT2 would resume on returning to AT2.

20. Member
    On average my AT freezes up 1 to 3 times per outing. Love my Live unit, love AT2. Hope this issue gets addressed soon.
    Hopefully Lowrance can address this with a new update and add a couple more color palettes for AT2 and be able to get rid of the part of the view looking under the boat.
    Yes I'm a dreamer!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast