Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Did you ever think you’d be old?
    First, when I was young...er, I honestly never thought I'd live past 25. Believing that, once I past that figure, I just considered, and still do, that every year since has been icing on the cake.

I'm coming up on 68 now and figure that I've had a good life and any further years will be a bonus. I'll take what I can get and not worry about it. Can't live for ever, and wouldn't want to, well unless I had the health and fitness of when I was 25!

Meantime, two sayings come to mind that best describe my feeling. The first is "When I die, I want to go in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers" and Second, "I want to die with a Martini in one hand and a Cheeseburger in the other yelling Wahoo! What a ride!"
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

If I'd a known I was gonna live this long I'd a taken better care of myself..........

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

my body did good thru 45. the last few years i have found my limits. Yeah never thought i would make it past 40.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I’m 63. My GF is 36. (No! I’m not a sugar daddy. We just worked out somehow). I feel pretty damned young. Maybe I’ll need to grow up. You’re as old as the gal that feels you.

5. Member
    I did not believe I would live to 21. Was born in inner city. Had to fight two gangs just to get to the next block. Mom moved us out after brother was stabbed. .Moved to the edge of this Delta, quit a change ...nothing but water and fish. I am 70 now... it's all gravy.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I’m 63. My GF is 36. (No! I’m not a sugar daddy. We just worked out somehow). I feel pretty damned young. Maybe I’ll need to grow up. You’re as old as the gal that feels you.
    You're doing 36/63. Speaking for a friend, (ahem) he's doing 42/80. Long division. Pills help.

7. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Due to a couple of close life ending incidences in my teens and twenties I really shouldn't have made it to 30 but by the grace of God I did. Then I blinked and will be turning 67 in June. I've been blessed with good health, no aches or pains, no medications, a beautiful wife of 47 years, a wonderful son and everything I own is paid for. Retired in August but still get up at 4am every morning, exercise and make an effort to accomplish something positive and constructive every day. The only negative, but its just life, is I've buried way too many friends and family members in the last couple of years. Every one of them has been younger than me. Just lost a friend of 35 years on Wednesday that finally succumbed to his two and a half year battle with a brain tumor. He was 59.

No one is promised another minute, another hour or another day. Count your blessings, never look back and don't let regret keep you from living today.

8. Member
    Don’t let the old man in! Stay active…….exercise often and eat right.

9. Member
    I really enjoy reading these posts. I see a common denominator in that as people age... they become happy. While we all have bad days. We become more stable as we age. Our priorities change and we become more about the future then the right now. I didn't have any money when I was young and not that I have a lot now but I don't worry like I used too about how things are going to get paid. I lucked into a good retirement plan thru my work that I plan on taking advantage of as early as possible but still work.
    Most of all, I start and end the day with a few minutes with the critters on the farm. They show me what true bliss is.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I can tell I'll turn 70 in May and my younger lifestyle surprised I made it this far.

How old would You be if You didn't know how old You were?

To honor the unwritten rule/quid pro quo of an interweb chat forum, You know for Your S'Mores™ recipe.. A chance to 'possibly extend'??

Those who've been following have read me mention Lapis Lazuli and anyone watching will happen upon while staying hydrated is important; Why a 'mantra' is needed to increase the personal vibration. it is a 'component' Those discounting, please show your results for the edification of All..

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. remember You are NOT Your body..

I think I’ve made to the olds but life hasn’t given me a fair shake on slowing anything down. I’m 62 and fixing to start building a new house, or at least have it built. We moved last year from home to apt, and now fixing to move in June from TX to AR. Moving will keep you young whether you wanna believe it or not. NOT!!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

The words to this song have more meaning now than when I first heard it years ago.

https://youtu.be/NEY4LxORCeo
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    I'll be 64 next month, the wife and I hike about 300 miles every year different places that we travel to. Were both still working so we like to stay active.
    I'm like you guys my mind feels like I am 25....still laugh at fart jokes, when my 86 year old mom farts, which is all the time in the nursing home, we both crack up laughing.
    I hope to have a lot more years on the planet cause I haven't done near all the things I want to. I'm working on that list every year tho.

14. Member
    Thinking about this more and more everyday at 37. My body is already failing me physically but I am more thankful everyday to be alive still. Life really is a mindset and as I season with age I'm more aware my time is limited so enjoy what I have left.

15. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    True that Jeff. Here is another good one albeit a little newer that I think says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    The words to this song have more meaning now than when I first heard it years ago.

https://youtu.be/NEY4LxORCeo

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    No joke! I’m in my sixties, my mind thinks twenties my body feels eighty every day.
    FIFY.

Tom

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    I remember back in high school thinking 'In the year 2000 I will be 33. Damn, that's OLD' LOL

Well, here we are 23 years after that. We will see shortly. Either having a kid at 56 is going to make me feel young or really old. Let you know later this year!
    I was blessed unexpectedly with a son at age 43. Hes 4 now and seeing him grow and the wonder in him has definitely kept me wanting to stay young and active. In some ways he keeps me feeling young, in others OLD. Best wishes to you on the birth of your child.

18. Member
    I like posts like this because it reminds me to slow down, enjoy life, and be thankful for what I have. I just turned 27
    2017 Phoenix 721 Pro XP
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    It’s weird being the same age as old people!

I have to say that modern medicine is great. My grandpa’s were much older at 61 than I am. Both needed me and my cousins to cut grass and do their heavy work when they were my age.
    Are you sure that wasn't from more physical labor just to survive day to day? My grand father was worn out by his early sixties but he farmed with horses,had no running water or electricity until he was in his early thirties.

20. Member
    Physically I’m not too bad yet. Mentally get off my damn lawn!!!!
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast