MK-51 quick release mount

What have people done to keep their trolling motor from going overboard when sliding the bracket to move the motor? Some sort of small cable attached to the boat? Almost dropped in the river twice while fighting it to move forward and back to protect the motor when launching/trailering. Terranova Rip tide. Thanks.

2. Member
    Don’t do it on the water. If you need to you might look into the one that slides without unhooking it. ( will look for the correct name) unless someone knows it already. Bob Shuttleslide
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...S8IMhvlRROZXqD
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Are you sliding it for fitting in the garage/storage or to stop it from hitting the trailer when loading/unloading?

4. Member
    Hitting roller when launching and trailering. I think i can run a cable lock through the two holes on hte inside of the bracket without it messing up the movement....but would still like to know what others might have done.

5. Member
    I have done it few times out on the water, I see where you are coming from in stability especially if is rough out.

Shoot some silicone lube in there once in a while and keep it clean. It will slide out and forward and back a lot easier. That’s about the best you can do to make it easier and less bulky feeling doing it.
    Last edited by DQM; 02-28-2023 at 04:45 PM.

6. Member
    Agreed. I think what i will do is put a cable lock in the hole that is on the inboard side of the bracket on the back. That should allow it move back and forth while being a safety catch to falling overboard.