Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have a 2023 CX21 with about 8 hours on it. So I’ve not had it out much. Just finished a 2 day tournament in It (my first) and here is what I’ve seen. First I bought it because it is built by Earl Bentz and the fine folks in Ashland City. i just think those folks build the best boats. I had a Triton for 16 years and still regret letting it go although it was time.

there were a few knicks and scratches that I buffed out but over all are not a big deal. A few lights were not plugged in and didn’t work initially. That could have been a dealer issue when they put my jackplate in though. Just not a fan of the benchmark trailer. I don’t know why it didn’t come with the steps like most others these days. I put a set in and they’re the bees knees. Also it’s an adjustment to learn how to load it. It needs more reverse lights and the winch sucks. Love the hubs axles and beefy wheels though. 4wheel discs are nice too. I’m comparing it to the Skeeter trailer I also have and the skeeter trailer is better I think. I’m not a fan of the gauge but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Had to install a water psi sensor to get water psi in the gauge. I just really can’t fathom shipping a 90K boat without a water psi gauge. I’ve lost an “S” and an “A” in the name from the side of the boat. That kinda sucks but I think it’s due to the left side lean when you’re getting out of the whole and trimming up. Everything else is A#1 so far. I really like the look of the boat and 90% of the little issues I have had would probably have been solved if the dealer had spent more time on the delivery of the boat. I had a really great dealer in my last boat and this one was good just not the best. That’s just my experience so far. I think I’m really going to love the boat once I’m used to it.

2. Member
    Dealer service actually makes the boat, trailer and engine in the end. It's their reasonability to make sure that everything works before delivery. I sold boats for over twenty years, we always went over them with a fine-tooth comb, lake testes most of them also, that's the only way to make sure everything works right, from engine, boat and trailer. If something isn't right take it back to your dealer, if they don't want to fix you up let the fine folks at Caymas know!!

3. Member
    The helm accessory switch panel quit working a few weeks ago. This time none of the functions worked.

Between Bunch Marine and Caymas, I received a new panel faster than I would have thought possible. Great customer service, but I am a bit concerned about the panel when the warranty is up.

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    March was a year since I pulled mine off the dealer lot in NC. Have had a couple of issues, but none that I would attribute directly to Caymas in regards to the hull or hull and factory assembly. My keel guard peeled off, which could be attributed to installation and my rear fishing chair broke. Both of which had replacements in hand within a week of letting my dealer know. The Merc issues have been a bit more of the issues than anything to do with the Caymas fit and finish. Still very happy and very pleased with my boat.

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    March was a year since I pulled mine off the dealer lot in NC. Have had a couple of issues, but none that I would attribute directly to Caymas in regards to the hull or hull and factory assembly. My keel guard peeled off, which could be attributed to installation and my rear fishing chair broke. Both of which had replacements in hand within a week of letting my dealer know. The Merc issues have been a bit more of the issues than anything to do with the Caymas fit and finish. Still very happy and very pleased with my boat.

6. Member
    All good 2022 CX19. I do wish the seat folded down. 1. keep bug off when on the road its a keep it clean thing. 2. Fold them down in the heat to keep the sun off and a little cooler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12