Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FYI for potential F150 buyers

(606)305-1956

2. Member
    No deals for me, except I really like my heated steering wheel. Poor finger circulation and arthritis in my hands, sure like that heat sometimes. Not in the market so I'm good.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    A lot of the ones I have looked at have the SiriusXM deleted for lack of chips.

I'll bet that the only thing they won't remove or "reduce" is the price tag.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Not just Ford with chip issues ongoing. Supply chain shortages is gonna get worse with so much still coming from China. We need that stuff built here in the states!!

6. Member
    Going to get worse before it gets better. We definitely need these chips and other things built here in the good 'ol US of A. Hardest part is building the factories and getting the raw materials.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    A lot of the ones I have looked at have the SiriusXM deleted for lack of chips.
    Thats my deal breaker!
    I just want a xlt screw 5.0 sport 4x4 and XM radio
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

8. Member
    Read the fine print on GMC/Chevy trucks, they are also missing stuff like heated or ac seats, etc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Going to get worse before it gets better. We definitely need these chips and other things built here in the good 'ol US of A. Hardest part is building the factories and getting the raw materials.
    We can build the factories but we still can’t produce the raw materials. The materials we have here in the USA are locked up in the Mojave National Preserve in Cali or locked up in litigation from the Green Weanies ( research Nevada Rare Earth and Lithium reserves). Control of the rare earths would have been nice in Afghanistan but our adversaries now control those. We are still dependent on our adversaries for the raw materials and that is unfortunately by design by this Administration and a few of the past Administrations.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    From speaking with employers, one of the hardest parts is finding people qualified to do the work. The days of companies setting up their own apprenticeship programs are darn near gone. We are dependent on .gov run education which is now obviously a 1.6 TRILLION dollar issue.

Just wait until June when two or three years worth of college grads we've for the most part not paid a dime on their loans come due. Most of us, especially young folks are living pay check to pay check.

11. Member
    I saw on the news last week, truck prices increased over 30% since 2019. A one third increase! I have a 15 year old Avalanche and have been looking at Rams for a year. They got off the 5-10 grand over the MSRP....but still up there. Trucks are starting to back up on lots, so they are just starting to deal. One manager told me I better buy now. I told him the top economist have predicted the economy will go lower this year. I am betting these trucks will back up more. I told him I still enjoy driving my truck, and I am patient.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    From speaking with employers, one of the hardest parts is finding people qualified to do the work. The days of companies setting up their own apprenticeship programs are darn near gone. We are dependent on .gov run education which is now obviously a 1.6 TRILLION dollar issue.

Just wait until June when two or three years worth of college grads we've for the most part not paid a dime on their loans come due. Most of us, especially young folks are living pay check to pay check.
    I wonder how many that are living paycheck to paycheck have boats and new cars?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I saw on the news last week, truck prices increased over 30% since 2019. A one third increase! I have a 15 year old Avalanche and have been looking at Rams for a year. They got off the 5-10 grand over the MSRP....but still up there. Trucks are starting to back up on lots, so they are just starting to deal. One manager told me I better buy now. I told him the top economist have predicted the economy will go lower this year. I am betting these trucks will back up more. I told him I still enjoy driving my truck, and I am patient.
    Interest rates are also high, not many can pay cash so that will hurt sales as well.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

14. Member
    Power Tailgate? I never knew there was such a thing.

Do you hit a button and it goes up and down like a window?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Probably more than anyone wants to admit. I was for sure there back in my 20's. I will freely admit vehicles were my financial nemesis for too many years.

If/when we have another major recession the people who have saved will further the divide between the haves and have nots.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    How many of these 2023 trucks that are missing parts were actually built a year or two ago and are the ones that have been sitting in massive lots collecting dust? I think there's more to the story than just supply chain issues.
    Thanos was the hero

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario

And it is these sorts of options that make it seem trucks have gone up a lot more than they really have over the past decade because there are so many more "doodads" and options on the newer trucks. No doubt they are more expensive but they have a lot more content that buyers seem to be willing to pay for. I mean, who needs a power tailgate?

18. Banned

Mine just drops. They dont lift back up. Im assuming it just refers to the power unlock and deploy

My RAM has a release button on the remote for the tailgate but it don't go back up. Buddies F-150 has one that drops and raises at the button. I come out of the hardware store with a bunch of drywall or plywood as I push the cart I hit the button and it's one less thing to do.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post

I have an old boat and old truck if that counts.

Ford in some levels is trying to train and maintain good people. I work as a technician and we send a lot of people to classes for training. That comes with a pay raise. Now Ford also started giving a yearly bonus for being employed and doing classes. It’s not huge but this year for classes and my year of work I ended up with $1300. So they are trying on some level to get better workers and keeping them. At the end of the day though it’s still up to the individual dealer to be enrolled in the programs and take care of it’s employees. Many are better than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast