Bassfish1 - Ninja question

bassfish1,

We were right behind you making the rounds at Okeechobee. You loaded the guys up with Ninja Grass Blades.

one question, we had excellent success with the grass blade mounted on top, and we noticed the move to the bottom on installs you made there. What and why on the primary location difference. On top we were able to cut through thick pad fields accessing open water, does this location function the same.

It just seems it would be more accessible to loss on bottom.

BCB

Thanks for the question - I generally put the NGB close to the skeg; for protection against hard objects striking the NGB. When lifting TMs, that use a strike-plate to align the motor housing, the NGB can come in contact with the strike-plate and be torn off.

The answer - top location is fine, and the NGB will perform the same with maybe a little less protection.

(SEE PHOTOS)On Jacobs install I put it near the skeg. On the other trolling motor (yes, it is the long awaited one) I had to place it on top. I never put them on the bottom. Some anglers may have spun the TM 180 degrees to store, thus putting the NGB on the bottom (which is not something I recommend).

On a side note: Many of the installs I have seen are not using enough of the cutting edge of the NGB. The outside edge of the NGB should be as close to the TM prop blade as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images