250 SHO Tilt/Trim Bushings

I just replaced the 6 bushings where the trim unit connects to the motor, as I could pick up on the motor and see motion on both ends where the pins go through these.

The brand new bushings are just as loose or may be even worse than the old ones.

Are there any aftermarket bushings currently available to tighten these up. It's pretty bad how much play there is on these and when trailering up the ramp it bounces violently, sometimes even making noise.

2. Member
    Curious, did you also change the pivot bushings at engine/bracket locations?
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

3. Member
    Hydrotec has what you need.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    I just replaced the 6 bushings where the trim unit connects to the motor, as I could pick up on the motor and see motion on both ends where the pins go through these.

The brand new bushings are just as loose or may be even worse than the old ones.

Are there any aftermarket bushings currently available to tighten these up. It's pretty bad how much play there is on these and when trailering up the ramp it bounces violently, sometimes even making noise.
    I noticed the same thing with my older Yamaha. For me it was also the tilt and trim brakcet bushings, the steering pivot bushings, and the motor mounts that all allowed play. I still keep intending to custom machine some brass tilt and trim bushings but keep putting it off.