Thread: Torpedo Cover

Torpedo Cover

2B686448

What are the advantages of installing a torpedo cover?

Part 8M0050821 or 8M0180306

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    8M0050821 is used on the 5.44 Gearcases.

8M0180306 is used on the Sportmaster Gearcases.

These devices are used to cover the low water inlets while flushing the engine on the coastal-flush attachment.

Neither is really suitable for your V8 ProXS w/Torquemaster.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you. From the parts catalog it looked like an exhaust ring/diffuser ring that closes the gap around smaller hub props.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You may be thinking of something like 878421 (Prop Seal Ring, AKA: Blowout Ring) that was often used on the small bore Trophy propellers when installed on a 4.8" gearcase.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor