Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who got out today? 71 degrees in PA.

Buddy and I hit the river today, 19 smallmouths between us. None over 14 inches , but was good to get out. Had ice on it last week.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Nice! I took advantage of the warm day here to clean the truck and boat. It’s been raining pretty consistently for the last month, so all the water is cold and nasty anyway. Drove over the Arkansas River yesterday and saw entire trees floating down the channel. I think I’ll wait a bit to get back out.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Buddy and I hit the river today, 19 smallmouths between us. None over 14 inches , but was good to get out. Had ice on it last week.
    Very nice. Been in the low 50s here last 2 days and been breaking in a new lower unit. Crappie are biting pretty good.

Dale Sinclair original

Great way to spend a birthday,6 hrs. on home lake this AM,75 degrees today,10 spots 2 largemouth and i'm a happy man!

5. Member
    38 degree water today, weather turning colder tomorrow. Nice to get out in February.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValleyRat View Post
    Great way to spend a birthday,6 hrs. on home lake this AM,75 degrees today,10 spots 2 largemouth and i'm a happy man!
    Happy birthday, sounds like a great day.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

7. Member
    Lakes are still frozen and going to get 6 inches of snow overnight so fishing is still a bit away.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Member
    I wanted to get out either yesterday or today but it has been a crazy week at work. I'm hoping to get the boat in the water on Sunday. It will be a first for me to have the boat in the water in February.

9. Moderator
    We got the new offshore boat out for a test after doing some motor maintenance and adding a new trolling motor. Beautiful day

818D64C4-B51F-43C8-A22C-E8EAD1EDC2D0.jpeg

10. Member
    Hey jml, what do you fish down there the Alleghany? Any pools better than others?

11. Member
    3 Lm ! Sm this afternoon. nice day. Douglas Lake.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

I sure got out. Took my wife out for her Bday. Had a good day. Came back this evening and fixed my daughter’s hot water tank and installed a kit in her main bathroom commode. Relaxing now.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

13. Member
    Had the day off. 50 degrees. Scheduled 2 doctor appointment middle of day. Would have liked to hit a small reservoir with the canoe.

14. Moderator
    Had the day off as well, and fished. First time I’ve spent a day in the boat alone in 2 months. It was amazing. 11 fish and all were nice fish. Really got to work on my equipment and electronics

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    nope, 30-40 mph winds.
    2011 Lowe Skorpion, 18hp nissan, Ultrex, Helix 9 G3, Impulse Lithium

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    nope, 30-40 mph winds.
    Windy here also but the Rivers are getting prime for bottom fishing for suckers and giant carp from the bank. Big Stripers on the lower Delaware river

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Nice! I took advantage of the warm day here to clean the truck and boat. It’s been raining pretty consistently for the last month, so all the water is cold and nasty anyway. Drove over the Arkansas River yesterday and saw entire trees floating down the channel. I think I’ll wait a bit to get back out.

Headed through Barling tomorrow toward our property in big town of Ratcliff. Gonna be permanent residents of AR on July 1st. Maybe I'll see you on the water some time. Where's your favorite fishing spots? I've spent some time on Dardanelle but that's about the extent of fishing public water in that area. Good luck this spring!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    Hey jml, what do you fish down there the Alleghany? Any pools better than others?
    Yesterday we fished Piney Dam in Clarion, a great place when windy, lots of fish. Last summer and fall, East Brady was great. Later in the year Oil City loads up with big smallmouth.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

19. Member
    No ice on local strip mine lake so get back from Fl going to hit it there. Am not a cold weather fan!

I'm going to the Susquehanna tomorrow or Saturday, I'm dying to get out
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast