Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prescription sunglasses - Oakley maybe

Looking to get a new pair of prescription sunglasses for the boat and fishing. Are there any particular Oakley or other brands that people really like. I want a pair that fit pretty tight. Almost all of the wrap around pairs have non adjustable nose pads and I find slip when my face gets sweaty. I hate the feeling they are going to slip off when bending over.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

2. Member
    I have been wearing Oakley Flak prescription sunglasses for over 15 years with no issues. My latest pair has progressive lenses and they are great. Never used a different brand so I have nothing to compare them to.

3. Member
    I have a pair of Costa & Wiley X, I think the Wiley X are clearer, and they fit better IMO

4. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doyce View Post
    I have been wearing Oakley Flak prescription sunglasses for over 15 years with no issues. My latest pair has progressive lenses and they are great. Never used a different brand so I have nothing to compare them to.
    Same. Been wearing Oakley Flak progressive prescription for 10 years absolutely love them and had no issues. The important thing to me especially with sport glasses is the fit at the nose and Oakley has great replacement rubber nose pieces. Can't stand glasses that have no nose piece so you end up with a plastic frame resting on your cheeks and nose. Does not work well when you're sweating and they keep sliding down your nose. The Oakleys will stay put and not move

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadStiK View Post
    Same. Been wearing Oakley Flak progressive prescription for 10 years absolutely love them and had no issues. The important thing to me especially with sport glasses is the fit at the nose and Oakley has great replacement rubber nose pieces. Can't stand glasses that have no nose piece so you end up with a plastic frame resting on your cheeks and nose. Does not work well when you're sweating and they keep sliding down your nose. The Oakleys will stay put and not move
    Exactly about the sweat, I have a pair of Wiley X and that is what bothers me about them.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

6. Member
    Raybans

7. Banned
    Go Oakley's been wearing over 15 years flak or half jacket great replacement program spendy but well worth it

8. Member
    I'm in Oakly "Gascans" . Prescription, ANSI rated, and transition to dark grey. I'm on my second pair, don't slide off when sweating. I actually bought them exclusively for work, but wear them everywhere. I just added a set of Costa's for the boat and fishing, I haven't tried them on the water yet. I did mine through here - https://www.sportrx.com/

9. Member
    Oakley Flak 2.0, nose pads are replaceable, and many options are available from other companies besides Oakley. They also have the Asian fit nose piece if you like your glasses farther away from your face.

Third season with my Costa Blackfin Progressives. Way better than the Moui Jims I had. Have the Green mirrored ones. I really like them.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

11. Member
    Costa makes a “Pro” type of a few models (Fantail Pro, Reefton Pro, etc).

The “Pro” have adjustable nose pieces.
    2023 Puma STS

12. Member
    You guys using the Oakleys are you using the prescription rx lenses or the Oakley?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

13. Member
    I'm using prescription rx wrap arounds with blue mirror lenses. I got a pair for the boat and a pair for driving.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    You guys using the Oakleys are you using the prescription rx lenses or the Oakley?
    Prescription rx lense for me. The place I posted above send me the "stock" lenses too. They did the same on the Costas too,so I have a nice pair of new factory lenses for both, that I'll never use.

15. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Oakleys with RX lenses from Lens crafters

I get new Oakley flak jackets every two years through insurance. Very comfortable. There are aftermarket places to order replacement lenses with prescription too that are pretty affordable. I wear them all day for work and they are my fishing glasses.

17. Member
    Wiley X has been very good to me.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 96 Champ View Post
    I have a pair of Costa & Wiley X, I think the Wiley X are clearer, and they fit better IMO
    X2

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

19. Member
    Has anyone tried the Clifden frames?
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040

20. Member
    I use the Wiley X prescription sunglasses. You can get great deals on them at framesdirect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast