Thread: Jig rods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Just when I think I’ve made a decision….

How about warranty between Loomis and Megabass. 3 year for Megabass I think, lifetime replacement for Loomis….
    Lifetime warranty or replacement programs are built into the price of the rods that carry them. If there is an actual manufacturing defect in a rod, the vast majority of the time, it will present itself very early once put into use.

2. Member
    Interested in this as well; how does the Steez AGS Bottom Contact II compare for jigs 1/2 oz with trailer and under?

Quote Originally Posted by sydaar View Post
    Interested in this as well; how does the Steez AGS Bottom Contact II compare for jigs 1/2 oz with trailer and under?
    I've tried not to bring it up in this thread That's a jig rod that's hard for me to put down especially in that 1/2 oz. to 3/4 oz range. It handles 3/8 oz jigs + trailer just fine, especially around more cover, but I think it shines for casting 1/2 oz jigs and dragging something like a 3/4 oz football jig or swing head out deep. It's very very sensitive, has great hook set power, is light, crisp and all things good you'd expect from a premium major manufacturers flagship rod seres. When you get into Steez AGS, Megabass P5, and Loomis NRX+ class rods, you're going to get a quality product. It really comes down to personal preferences and detailed nuances on how you want the rod to feel, what reel you're pairing with, and balancing out an ideal premium system. That's what I enjoy doing

4. Member
    Gary, based on the lure ratings between the 2 rods, how do you differentiate between the Bottom Contact II and the Power Pitch for 1/2oz jigs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123