Active Target 2 stable view?

I got my AT2 installed and went out on the lake yesterday to test it out. My images are clear and the target separation is great. Overall I was happy with how it looked. However when I turn stable view on my bottom rotates down about 45 degrees. Turn stable view off and the image goes back to normal. I called Lowrance and after an hour of trying different things they sent me to tier 2 customer support. I emailed them a video of what it was doing and their response was that since the water was calm, the stable view didn’t know what to do. I was told to check it again when the water was rough and call back if it wasn’t resolved. I’m not very confident it’s going to work but we’ll see. Any thoughts or ideas?
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

2. Member
    Stable view has never worked correctly/consistently since the original AT release. Some need it toggled off, some need it toggled on to enable having a non-skewed view, irrespective of on-water conditions. This has been well documented online, unfortunate that Lowrance customer support isn’t in the loop on that.

3. Member
    I have Stable view on the majority of the time. Then again most of my fishing is off shore structure and its mounted on my Ghost so anchor lock is my best friend.

4. Member
    I have AT1 and keep stable view on no matter what. I am in sometimes rough as well as calm.
    Never had a problem.

5. Member
    So I tried it in rough water and the image is definitely more stable with the stable view turned on, however the image still rotates clockwise 45 degrees. Guess I’ll call Lowrance and see what I can get done.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FD209 View Post
    So I tried it in rough water and the image is definitely more stable with the stable view turned on, however the image still rotates clockwise 45 degrees. Guess I’ll call Lowrance and see what I can get done.
    I don't have any answers for you at the moment as I am still waiting for my AT2's to arrive, but I am interested in knowing more details. What trolling motor is it mounted on? Where is it mounted (shaft, side of motor, etc)? Is it mounted on a separate pole?
    ciao,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by FD209 View Post
    I got my AT2 installed and went out on the lake yesterday to test it out. My images are clear and the target separation is great. Overall I was happy with how it looked. However when I turn stable view on my bottom rotates down about 45 degrees. Turn stable view off and the image goes back to normal. I called Lowrance and after an hour of trying different things they sent me to tier 2 customer support. I emailed them a video of what it was doing and their response was that since the water was calm, the stable view didn’t know what to do. I was told to check it again when the water was rough and call back if it wasn’t resolved. I’m not very confident it’s going to work but we’ll see. Any thoughts or ideas?
    I had this same issue with AT1 a while back, the issue was my transducer needed to be turned up one notch, which cleared it right up.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post12663202

More info from Lowrance...

ActiveTarget Transducer Orientation and Tilt Angles

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio;[URL="tel:12880679"
    12880679[/URL]]I don't have any answers for you at the moment as I am still waiting for my AT2's to arrive, but I am interested in knowing more details. What trolling motor is it mounted on? Where is it mounted (shaft, side of motor, etc)? Is it mounted on a separate pole?
    It’s mounted to the right side shaft of a Ultrex, 9” above the motor. I’ve tried removing the transducer from the trolling motor completely and positioning it away from the boat and it makes no difference. It corrected the position cone as expected but nothing for the stable view. I have pics on my phone but can’t get them to post.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff;[URL="tel:12880809"
    12880809[/URL]]I had this same issue with AT1 a while back, the issue was my transducer needed to be turned up one notch, which cleared it right up.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post12663202

More info from Lowrance...

ActiveTarget Transducer Orientation and Tilt Angles
    I tried that already. Changed the bottom, but still rotates 45 degrees from where it is with stable view off.