Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    #FRB

Will your dog go outside in the pouring rain?

Neither one of mine will go out in more than a lite rain unless they're desperate. They have to be hurting bad before they'll go outside to do their business in the pouring rain. At least the one with the peanut bladder will use the doggy door so he'll jet out when ready. The other won't use it because she's really spooky acting but when she's ready she'll tough it out in the rain and make it quick. They'll both get in nasty ditch and pond water though

The spooky one musta been hurting because she finally went out.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Member
    Mine lives outside. Hunting dog. Living in the house makes em soft.

3. Member
    Mine refuses but she will absolutely not do her business in the house. She stays in the house when we're at work and I come home for lunch and let her out, if it rains for a couple of days she will eventually go out in it. She hates water period especially baths.

4. Member
    One does no issues, my yellow lab, she loves water. The lab/Australian Sheppard mix no way. The new mini schnauzer puppy will just pee on the deck in the dry area.

5. Member
    My lab couldn't care less about weather when going outside to go #1 or #2 or just to BARK....

But we had a cocker spaniel that hated to get his paws wet.

The plus side of a dog that will hold it as long as possible is it wouldn't track wet feet / MUD back into the house all day long.....Grrrrrrr

6. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    My lab couldn't care less about weather when going outside to go #1 or #2 or just to BARK....

But we had a cocker spaniel that hated to get his paws wet.

The plus side of a dog that will hold it as long as possible is it wouldn't track wet feet / MUD back into the house all day long.....Grrrrrrr
    One of my childhood dogs was a Cocker Spaniel. Still the best dog we ever had and lived to be 14 and 8 months. He was a bear to get potty trained as a puppy but once he was trained he NEVER went in the house.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    Mine won't even look out the window if it's raining. She's "princess poo poo" around the house. When she has an accident, she's gravely embarrassed and will go hide on the stairs in shame. She's an 11-lb Bichon Frise (French for "shits in the house"), but we love her any way.

-b-

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The5thDutton View Post

That's I tell my kids every night when I throw them outside and lock the door.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

9. Member
    Ours never goes in the house. We crate trained him from eight weeks when he was a puppy and gave him plenty of opportunities to go outside. He only pooped in the house three times while being trained. He always lets you know when he has to go. A slight rain does not bother him but if it’s heavy he will wait until it lightens up.

10. Member
    I had one that was a butt about going outside when there was snow, rain, anything but sunshine. Several times I would go out with her in the freezing cold and even shovel a spot in the grass for her. She would circle it for 20 mins before she would do her business.

11. Member
    Many a championship bird dog have worked their way into the house.

Mine can hold it for 12 hrs. if it's raining she just makes it quick
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

Don't know about this one. Hasn't rained enough in the last few years to find out.

We have 2 inside dogs.
    our younger dog which is an Austrailian Shepard does not care about the rain at all.
    our older dog which is a Beagle/Border mix will not go out in the rain. She will stand on the porch under the overhang of the house and will almost refuse to go out.

15. Banned
    chichi dont care but the pom goes on the covered porch. she cant stand getting her feet wet

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtronic View Post
    That's I tell my kids every night when I throw them outside and lock the door.
    Shock collar probably works pretty good on the kids too.

17. Member
    not true. We had a beagle with lineage to the beagle hall of fame. She was 100% an indoor dog, and would run rabbits better than “outside tough” dogs. One guy close by has been paid many a visits from the spca and animal control about outside living conditions of his dogs. He always claimed that keeping them inside made them bad for hunting. Yet he’d always place middle of the pack during competitions.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    The Dood would prefer to go out when it is pouring rain, muddy and cold...just so he can bring it all back into the house!
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

19. Member
    My dog hates the rain..even if it's misting... walks around a puddle...but, never messes in the house. He's outside only if he has to. Frickin' hilarious

20. Member
    Our golden retriever doesn’t like staying outside when it rains but he has no problem going out when he needs to. Now if it’s snowing we can’t even get him inside. He will stay out there rolling in the snow and playing until we either go out and carry him inside (115lbs) or bribe him with meatballs and deli meat.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast