Active Target Issue

Hey guys I’ve been trying to sort out my AT in shallower water. For some reason half my screen goes away when I’m in 8-10 FoW or less. Works good otherwise. Have tried turning the transducer up and down and have tried stableview both on and off. Any thoughts ?

AA82DBAC-668B-4A32-8918-8C5D71018005.jpeg

2. Member
    Looks like to me based on your pic, You have an angle problem with your transducer. This could stem back to a non level trolling motor mount to setup on the TM shaft to selection the wrong notch on the transducer, have seen it many times. Its so far off that any adjustment on the angle offset will never help. Put back to zero and make sure your geometry is all correct starting with the TM.First Step in that is if you have a point one, go to the alitude pitch and deploy your trolling motor and write down the pitch angle. On the trailer jack it up to that same pitch. Deploy your TM measure the angle of the shaft most times depending on your boat which could have a hook in the nose is 6 to 8 deg back. A good test is If in forward view you can't see out more than 25 to 40 ft that is a sure sign. 80 to 100 is the norm. So if you done all that and still have a problem. Then its either the mount issue or a bad transducer. This all should be tested in 20 ft of water. If you want to do shallow the use scout view. Sometimes that is your only option if you can't get your transducer right in deeper water. Good luck

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply shopper. A lot of what you said sounds Greek to me unfortunately, do you know of any YouTube’s on this or pictorials? I have a Phoenix 921 pro xp and an Ultrex trolling motor. I do have an adjustable transducer mount that I have tried moving both up and down 1-2 clicks with worse results than this picture.

Lets see how it mounted

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Normal use looks like this. For shallow water I'd bump it up a notch higher from normal forward. I prefer "Scout" for more view area in shallow water.

https://us-east-1-02870039-view.menl...1zeXN0ZW0uanBn

6. Member
    was this a picture link? If so it does not open

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Normal use looks like this. For shallow water I'd bump it up a notch higher from normal forward. I prefer "Scout" for more view area in shallow water.

7. Member
    here is here is how it is mounted. It is in the best picture position

E1407E65-1ABF-4DF5-A82C-0D911DA44598.jpeg

DCB4EA1A-ED3C-4AD4-9404-35F54C8B4C29.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Lets see how it mounted

8. Member
    How far can you look out in Feet on forward view in 20ft of water Before the bottom fades out or at what point does it start to fad?

Your transducer looks fine the way it mounted.

What boat do you have is it a Ranger,? Year? If so they were notorious for hooked bows until lately when they corrected it

9. Banned
    Looks like your HDS is in Down mode when your transducer is in forward mode position. Check menu and put in Forward mode. Default is auto, IIRC.

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post

Yea sorry - yours looks to be inbetween forward and down. For real shallow water bring it up 2 nothches from where you have it

11. Member
    have only been in forward mode on the water and just checked in my garage. Still in forward mode

Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Looks like your HDS is in Down mode when your transducer is in forward mode position. Check menu and put in Forward mode. Default is auto, IIRC.

12. Member
    as stated above it’s a 2021 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

In 20 FOW I have perfect use, full screen and can see my bait falling when set at 80’ out

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    How far can you look out in Feet on forward view in 20ft of water Before the bottom fades out or at what point does it start to fad?

Your transducer looks fine the way it mounted.

What boat do you have is it a Ranger,? Year? If so they were notorious for hooked bows until lately when they corrected it

13. Banned
    Mess with stableview is the only thing I've got left to offer.

14. Member
    Thanks Barry. Been trying it on and off but not helping at all

Pay attention to what Rudpa said. It is positively set down too far.

From the picture, of the three faces, the underside/far face of the transducer needs to face straight down. It is currently facing slightly back under the boat.

Adjust it upwards, and your problem goes away.

16. Member
    I’ve clicked it upward 1 and 2 clicks but it hasn’t worked I’ll try again this Sunday and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Pay attention to what Rudpa said. It is positively set down too far.

From the picture, of the three faces, the underside/far face of the transducer needs to face straight down. It is currently facing slightly back under the boat.

Adjust it upwards, and your problem goes away.