This is why kids don’t want to go to Las Vegas

2. Member
    ....Been to Vegas probably 7 times. I don't imagine I'll ever go back, but I can say without a doubt I'd never take my kids.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

3. Member
    Used to take our kids and will whenever they want to go with us, great times to be had.
    Of course, they're all in their 30's.

4. Member
    Funny
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Since we were in Vegas over Halloween, I joined a couple Facebook groups that share info on Vegas. When someone mentions that they are bringing their kids to Vegas, they usually get hammered pretty bad.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Since we were in Vegas over Halloween, I joined a couple Facebook groups that share info on Vegas. When someone mentions that they are bringing their kids to Vegas, they usually get hammered pretty bad.
    Sort of like someone asking where to buy a tournament jersey on BBC!!

7. Member
    Have been to Vegas twice. Once on a business trip, am not much of a gambler or party person so just walked around and took in the sights. Second trip was in 2003 when we lived in San Diego, wife had never been and wanted to go our boys, ages 10, 8 and 5. Stayed at CircusCircus for the indoor rides and the kids had a great time. Only there 2 nights and second night we wandered the strip. The older 2 thought it was great getting the business cards of all the “lounges.” We were finding those cards in the oddest places for years!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Have been to Vegas twice. Once on a business trip, am not much of a gambler or party person so just walked around and took in the sights. Second trip was in 2003 when we lived in San Diego, wife had never been and wanted to go our boys, ages 10, 8 and 5. Stayed at CircusCircus for the indoor rides and the kids had a great time. Only there 2 nights and second night we wandered the strip. The older 2 thought it was great getting the business cards of all the “lounges.” We were finding those cards in the oddest places for years!
    Those business cards people are annoying as hell. One reason I don't wanna go back

9. Member
    Fishing buddy is 65 retired fireman municipal and goes with a company softball team every year. They started after 9/11 as a fundraiser. Hes got some wild stories NSFW.

Gfs daughter went to a wedding there recently for her husbands relative. She took the 2 kids with them. The 4 year old told gramma something about a bunch of thong butts in her face while walking from the hotel to the wedding.

..been to Vegas many times, I would have no desire to take a young child with me......will be there in March.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Taking kids to Vegas is like taking kids to Key West. Both are bad decisions by parents who need to rethink their parenting.

We use to go to Vegas every summer and stay at Mandalay Bay. We had lot of family show up. Kind of a yearly family reunion. One night we went to the Venetian to have dinner at their Mexican restaurant. As we were entering we had to walk by a night club. There was a long line waiting to get in. There were a group of girls we had to walk right through. One of them had on a slinky top and one of her breasts was completely exposed. Naturally, none of her friends bothered to point this out. It didn’t take long for my 15 year old son to hone in on it. Couldn’t say much. It was what it was.

As they say “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”.