Totalscan Transducer Problems

Hello & Thanks for any info. I recently put together a Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 system. I have a HDS 9 Gen 3 on bow and one on my console. I have a totalscan transducer on my transom & trolling motor and also shoot thru sonar puck in the bilge. I have them link together with the ethernet cable and they are linking fine. Today I took the boat out for the first time since installing it all and my side scan & down scan wouldn't work on my bow unit and just showed a faint image to the screen. Since they are able to share transducers, I switch the bow unit to use the trolling motor transducer and it worked fine. Is there anything else I can check or do I just have a bad transducer on the transom. The sonar works fine, but I don't know if it was reading the totalscan or the puck transducer. Thanks for any info
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    did the SS work on the console unit? What transducer on the TM?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by careybirdwell View Post
    I have a totalscan transducer on my transom & trolling motor and also shoot thru sonar puck in the bilge.
    This sounds strange unless you have two Gen 3 on your console? Gen 3 can not use both a TotalScan and a separate 2D-transducer at the same time.

4. Member
    Yes. I can't use at the same time, i just can select which transducer to use in the settings

5. Member
    Set a waypoint on the console and check that it immediately syncs to the bow unit. Just to rule out a failing Ethernet cable.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Set a waypoint on the console and check that it immediately syncs to the bow unit. Just to rule out a failing Ethernet cable.

NoCAL

The ethernet cable is working because it is sharing waypoint, but like I said, I can use the sidescan at my console when I select the bow transducer, but doesn't work when I select my transom transducer