Ghost to GEN2 7"

So I got me a ghost and looking to hook up to a g2 HDS 7"
    It looks like it doesn't hook straight up to nema cable that came with the ghost.
    What am I needing?
    A nema starter kit?
    I'm not even sure if its all compatible

2. Member
    What Lowrance units are compatible with Ghost Trolling Motor?

Full integration with the Lowrance HDS Carbon, HDS Live, and Elite Ti2 series these units offer simplified plug & play connectivity and full control of the Ghost trolling motor.

Rad Brewer

So I guess I'm out of luck. Lol
    My carbon is at console.

4. Member
    Best Practice put your best unit where you fish, Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Best Practice put your best unit where you fish, Problem solved
    Yes but I have a HDS7 for the bow.
    But its not working with the ghost transducer.

6. Member
    You could get by without the NMEA network since a Gen 2 wouldn’t be able to control the Ghost anyway. If your Gen2 7 is a Touch unit, you would just connect the Ghost transducer to the Sonar port of the HDS with a 9 to 7 pin adapter. If your unit is not a Touch, you could still connect it to the sonar port with the same adaptor but you wouldn’t have Downscan.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prbullet View Post
    So I guess I'm out of luck. Lol
    My carbon is at console.
    This is your best unit put it at the bow problem solved.

8. Member
    Best option is to put the Carbon at the bow but you could get limited functionality with the Gen 2. It’s just not going to work very well
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Yes its a touch.
    Ok thanks guys.

Ok. I think if I stay this route with the Gen2 7 touch ill need the 9 to 7 pin adapter but I may just move the carbon up front, but if I do that I still think ill need a nema starter hit to work all the ghost functions?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prbullet View Post
    Ok. I think if I stay this route with the Gen2 7 touch ill need the 9 to 7 pin adapter but I may just move the carbon up front, but if I do that I still think ill need a nema starter hit to work all the ghost functions?
    IF no nmea in your boat then you need a starter kit plus 1 tee and 2ft drop cable beside the Starter Kit. This assumes you have 2 units to connect and assumes you have no other NMEA devices on your boat such as a POint 1 GPS/Heading Sensor ant. You can control your Ghost and do updates with the carbon. I would still run the cable from the bow to the console and put the Power Tee under the console. Then you can expand from there should you add another device down the road, in this case never say never.

Is there a 7-9 pin and a 9-7 pin adapter cable?
    Because I may have order the wrong one. I got the 7-9 pin and it doesn't connect. Pin are different.
    But that's the only one I seen on BPS online.

13. Member
    There is 7-9 and 9-7 in order to know what you need I would be helpful to know what transducer you want to plug into which unit.If you are trying to run a transducer that is not compatible with Gen 2 then no adaptor will help with it. Does it connect to the blue connector or black connector. DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    There is 7-9 and 9-7 in order to know what you need I would be helpful to know what transducer you want to plug into which unit.If you are trying to run a transducer that is not compatible with Gen 2 then no adaptor will help with it. Does it connect to the blue connector or black connector. DETAILS
    The factory ghost transducer

15. Member
    That would be the the HDI. You do not need an adaptor. It plugs into Channel 2 or the black connector and get set up there. The black connector is already 9 pin connector. Do the NMEA and good to go other than unit setup. Go with the Carbon you will have the least setup issue. Along with full Ghost Software control of your Ghost.

16. Member
    I have HDS Live units but you should hook up your ghost to your names network with just your console unit. You can then control your ghost while sitting at the console. Also when you find something on your console unit you can simply opus anchor lock right from your drivers seat.