Ranger Seat Pedestals

Anyone ever change the 1.77" Ranger pedestals to take the Attwood 3/4" pin pedestals? Noticed Attwood has an adapter #SP14000 that changes from the 1.77" to the 3/4" pin. Tired of fighting with the lock button
    every time we attempt to remove a pedestal. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

2. Member
    take a Dremel tool and cut off the hook on the bottom of the pole or take a hose clamp and squish down the thumb press thing

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    As a long-time and frequent purchaser [] of Ranger fiberglass boats, I sympathize with the struggle to remove these tight pedestals. I’ve found that a quick half-turn before depressing the button and lifting up often frees the pedestal enough [reduces the friction fit] to make the lifting easier. Keeping a pair of channel locks handy for this purpose isn’t a terrible idea, either, if the pedestal is especially tight.

That said, all such things loosen up over time. I’d be afraid of using a 3/4” pin pedestal with the very heavy upholstered Ranger seats. Seems to me that the force of those seats wobbling would soon wear down that kind of pedestal to the point of being dangerous…or losing a seat overboard in rough water. My $.02 on that matter.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omykee View Post
    take a Dremel tool and cut off the hook on the bottom of the pole or take a hose clamp and squish down the thumb press thing
    I cut the plastic hook off of mine

5. Member
    I cut mine off years ago.

6. Member
    Those hooks can be removed if you pop off the bottom cap on the post but way easier to just cut it off. Coat of wax or silicone lube helps with sticking.

7. Member
    A little lithium grease in the hole helps tremendously. Also, channel locks will mar up the pole, I use an oil filter wrench with the rubber belt to make it move. Seems like they could come up with something to make it easier.
    Joey Aderhold

8. Member
    I don't know why Ranger don't use the same pedestal in there bass boats as they do in their 600 Series boats. They are way nicer and pull in and out very easy.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Boats are designed for where and how the majority of purchasers use them. The where and how for multi-species boats typically is different from what applies to a majority of bass boaters. However, anyone with sufficient desire could change their pedestals to suit personal preference. That’s the great thing about forums like this: whatever we think to try, someone almost always has an idea of how to accomplish it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio