Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody else remember Bob Hope and the USO shows?

2. Member
    He was absolutely the best. All the Vets who saw a live show knew it.

He toured in Vietnam while I was there but I didn't make the show.

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Absolutely remember. I never considered Bob Hope as very funny but admired him for entertaining our troops..

Dale Sinclair original

He did a show for us at Christmas when we were out in the desert right before desert storm kicked off. I could hear him from a distance but couldn't attend due to being on duty. All the guys that went enjoyed it.

Ask my dad.... He said, heard it was a great show.... I was in my UH1 flying the parameter.

6. Member
    Hah, I was at that show, we gave Johnny Bench a tour of our aircraft.

7. Member
    Thanks for your service Guys. Merry Christmas.

8. Member
    I remember when he came out to our fire base, there were thirty six of us. He brought us hot food and the show was great! For a few hours of fun and joy, the girls were really genuinely a boost in moral.Joey Heatherton and Connie zsrevens where the best. Bob Hope was one of the most generous person to support the troops in times of war

9. Member
    Bob Hope has a seperate room at the United State Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Beavercreek, Ohio. When my son was stationed there I visited the FREE Air Force Museum 3 times and haven't seen it all. It has EVERY plane that has ever flown under the United States colors INSIDE this massive museum. You can get inside several planes and even walk right up to Stealth Bombers and Fighters. Also INSIDE are several Intercontinental Missiles standing UPRIGHT. Also there are several retired Air Force One planes you can see and even go inside Air Force One that had to be modified to bring back President JFK's body from Dallas to Washington, DC.

But anyways there is a fine presentation of Bob Hope in the museum that is a must see for anyone who knows who "Bob Hope" is. And if you do go there make it a point to see and READ all about the Doolittle Crew that volunteer to fly bombers ONE WAY (not enough fuel to get back) to bomb Tokyo not too long after Pearl Harbor to make a statement to the Japanese they you are not out of our reach. See the Doolittle Goblets and what they mean.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

10. Member
    None of us gave a hoot about Bob Hope. It was Ann Margret we were looking at.

11. Member
    Joey Heatherton and Connie Stevens,how old are you? Just kidding. Never cared for Bob Hope and his act but he visited way more military bases and camps etc than I ever will so he deserves lots of props for doing things for the troops.
    Red Sox in 6!

12. retired military technici mt72916's Avatar
    I was fortunate enough to see his show in 1965 - 66 at Takli ab Thailand.

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

Watched his show on the fantail of the USS New Jersey off the coast of Beirut, Lebanon...
    Mike
    ---------------------------
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Bob Hope has a seperate room at the United State Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Beavercreek, Ohio. When my son was stationed there I visited the FREE Air Force Museum 3 times and haven't seen it all. It has EVERY plane that has ever flown under the United States colors INSIDE this massive museum. You can get inside several planes and even walk right up to Stealth Bombers and Fighters. Also INSIDE are several Intercontinental Missiles standing UPRIGHT. Also there are several retired Air Force One planes you can see and even go inside Air Force One that had to be modified to bring back President JFK's body from Dallas to Washington, DC.

But anyways there is a fine presentation of Bob Hope in the museum that is a must see for anyone who knows who "Bob Hope" is. And if you do go there make it a point to see and READ all about the Doolittle Crew that volunteer to fly bombers ONE WAY (not enough fuel to get back) to bomb Tokyo not too long after Pearl Harbor to make a statement to the Japanese they you are not out of our reach. See the Doolittle Goblets and what they mean.

I have been there and it is Great.

15. Member
    I was in NE Africa and never got to see any of the shows in the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post

Been there a bunch, had to go to the Acquisition University, and weekends I would stop by the museum.

Oh heavens yes. Also, Bob and Bing done a lot together.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

18. Member
    That was the best thing about my two tours was that I got to see him both times. What a GREAT AMERICAN from England..Rest in peace Bob.

19. Member
    He is a legend. One of a kind.

20. Member
    Remember watching his shows. Always took care of the troops. Still watch the reruns.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast