Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKFerzy7 View Post
    I was about to say the same thing, every skeeter I've rode in felt like I was seconds away from swimming.
    Hmmm. I have experienced porpoising early in my 2018 Skeeter, learned to manage it. Top end over 70 but always use 65 as my comfort zone. I love how it works and it is a 2018 before hull changes. I have never ever felt I was about to go swimming. OP wants a FXR which is much better handling in these later models so I have heard and would like to try if I could move up. But mine is paid for and I don't suffer boat envy as it is just a tool to fish. If it does the job and I save $$$$ then so much the better. I would never rule out the skeeter from any under consideration. Especially the top of the line FXR.

If I can get my asshat rating up over 200, I'll get a Nitro.

3. Member
    Sounds like you want a Fiberglass boat with a 250 hp correct? If so I would go with a Bass Cat Eyra, seems to be the best running hull with a 250 unless you get something like a Bullet or Allison. I looked at a new Vexus VX21 like someone mentioned previously and for a price tag of 104K I wasn't impressed. A Phoenix 920 would be a close 2nd choice. Also I would get one with a Yamaha SHO not a Merc.
    Last edited by bassfisher444; 12-22-2022 at 07:57 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Without a doubt, if I were buying a new glass rig it would be a Vexus VX21. I’ve owned two 20’ Rangers and fished out of every brand of boat in the market when fishing BFL as a co-angler. Nothing compares to the VX21, and it ain’t even close. I fished out of one for 10 days last spring in Santee. Best riding and handling boat I’ve ever ridden in.
    LOL...You never fail to disappoint Jeff. Are u on the Vexus payroll for the non stop pimping of the brand?? BTW, where is Daffron....haven't seen his nonstop Vexus marketing for months now....
    Last edited by Bassin Bob71; 12-22-2022 at 08:40 PM.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Ranger 520R or 521R. Solid boat. Nice layout.

Wouldn’t mind a Skeeter, Triton or Phoenix too.

Without a doubt, if I were buying a new glass rig it would be a Vexus VX21. I’ve owned two 20’ Rangers and fished out of every brand of boat in the market when fishing BFL as a co-angler. Nothing compares to the VX21, and it ain’t even close. I fished out of one for 10 days last spring in Santee. Best riding and handling boat I’ve ever ridden in.
    I would have to agree. Entry angle and dead rise largely dictates how well a boat will ride and Vexus nailed both. Then add Vexus construction tecnology and Its the bench mark right now.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    LOL...You never fail to disappoint Jeff. Are u on the Vexus payroll for the non stop pimping of the brand?? BTW, where is Daffron....haven't seen his nonstop Vexus marketing for months now....
    No, I am not on their payroll nor do I get a promotional boat. Heck, I don't even own a Vexus. BTW, I don't continually promote their brand. In this particular case, someone asked a question and I responded. I'm just calling it like I see it. Until you've spent a day or two fishing from one, you may think that I exaggerate. If you get the chance to fish from one, I'd be interested in your evaluation.

I do see Vexus factory videos on Facebook now and then.

In case it matters, if I were in the market for a glass boat and were I not to buy a Vexus, my next choice (far above other brands) would be a BassCat.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Gosh Jeff you make me feel like I made a mistake with my current boat lol.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Siebert Outdoors View Post
    I've been in quite a few boats either fishing with someone or owned. The Phoenix 721 I just bought back in march is by far my favorite so far. I'm also a Lowrance fan. I've been using their products for a long time.

The boat gets on plane fast, is faster than I need and just overall runs excellent and dry. It ran extremely well on St Clair earlier in the year.
    I have my last boat and it is a 721 Phoenix. Great boat hands down. But if your set on a skeeter than get it with no graphs and have what you want put in after you get the boat

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Ranger 520R or 521R. Solid boat. Nice layout.

Wouldn’t mind a Skeeter, Triton or Phoenix too.
    Atta boy Mike.!! Real decisive.!!

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    BassCat Jaguar with that new Mercury 2,000 hp.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I went thru what you're doing right now. I wanted a boat a new boat and to be paid for before retirement. I could have bought what I wanted. I looked at, talked to people, read reviews, and read technical specs. I went with Phoenix for a bunch of reasons. Very happy with my choice. It has to be what fits your needs and the idea whay is right for you. Look at the boats, talk to some folks. As stated earlier most everyone on BBC is going to say their brand is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I.E., Ford, Chevy, Ram. I basically drove past the Skeeter plant to buy my Phoenix. I learned a lot about a lot of brands, good and bad. I should add, I could customize the Phoenix, engines, tm, electronics, colors, and trailer in pretty great detail. I spoke with some fiberglass shops, they said Phoenix was built very good.
    I was in the same boat, ended up with a BassCat Puma. Do your research drive them all, fish out of each, and make your decision. Good luck. Oh, and be ready to upgrade your TM, electronics after a few years.

13. Member
    I'm 59, a deal came to my attention and I got my dream boat 2016 921 XP Pheonix. Never leaver this boat soar. Great ride.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Gosh Jeff you make me feel like I made a mistake with my current boat lol.
    Uh, no you didn't.

15. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    520R, Merc V8, Fortrex 112, HDS9, HDS7, 8ft Raptors.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

16. Member
    A lot of good boats.... Go with what looks good to you and a company that's behind it. I don't like the looks of BassCat, Skeeter. Just me... I'd take Charger 210 Elite.

17. Member
    Thank you ALL very much for taking the time and advise, I am going to take every thing into consideration and take my time... One thing is check to see if I can order without the electronics, also maybe a 20 ft since I will be learning to fish docks more
    99% of the time I will be fishing by myself so a smaller boat is not an issue, the house we just closed on has a 30ft boat house so the smaller the better

Thanks again everyone
    Mark

18. Member
    I did it!!.... ended up with a Skeeter ZXR21 color option 1, I am replacing the front Helix 9 with a 12 and adding the 360 transducer.

I am a proud new daddy :)

I think I would of got the 20 footer but they had the 21 in stock so I went with it, I wanted to change the Hummingbird for the Lowrance but after watching some videos I think the Minn-Kota and Hummingbird will be a nice fit for me and either way I think I will catch a few fish.

20230103_170040.jpg

Thanks again, see ya on the water!
    Mark

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I will be getting mine in about 7 weeks. Sold my 2018 Bass Cat PII last week. I am anxiously awaiting my new Bass Caracal. It will most likely be my last one.
    You will like it! Mine is almost 6 years old and has been awesome

20. Member
    Congrats Mark! Nice looking boat.

My "last" boat will probably be a multi-species boat so I can keep fishing when my body might not let me fish on the deck of a bass boat due to balance issues.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast