SOLD MINE AS WELL

Broke my heart, but after almost 40 years of owning a boat, it was time. 1- Age has caught up to me. 2- Market was good for used boats. 3- Got a good price ($36,000). Sold to a guy from Indiana (see below).

C7940700-265B-49D9-BA1F-0AAFB08D0391.jpeg

Now I'm boatless bank trash. But I'll take the backseat of some of my friend's rigs from time to time. Still have the desire/need to fish. Doubt that will ever change. No matter how old I get.

2. Member
    Just curious, how old are you?
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    Just curious, how old are you?
    entered the AF in 62 it says, so born early 40"s I am guessing
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    entered the AF in 62 it says, so born early 40"s I am guessing
    Yep.

Not so much age as physical condition. Nine back surgeries have left me with a ton of nerve damage that affects my legs. Medication helps but results in dizziness and loss of balance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Yep.

Not so much age as physical condition. Nine back surgeries have left me with a ton of nerve damage that affects my legs. Medication helps but results in dizziness and loss of balance.
    same happened to my dad, he got so unsteady it just wasn't possible to be on a deck anymore
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Sorry to hear but glad you have friends you can still get out and scratch the itch from time to time.

7. Member
    Sorry to hear that Jim, i know you have been on here about as long as i have been and you have always had some great post. If you are ever down around Ky Lake give me a call, i use to be down the road from you several times a year but those days are over. We age, get older but those memories never vanish, i know you loved your Ranger!!

I sold mine this year. I have had a bass boats since 1970 and this is the first time I am Bass Boat-less. Wife and I are downsizing and now and no where to keep it. Had a good run but at 79 it's time to fish with younger friends.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Yep.

Same here, that's the reason I sold my Gambler. Between tinnitus, bad knees, and neuropathy my balance is terrible. Physical therapy at the V.A. is not helping enough...
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969