Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    You been to Japan?
    He should have used Canada as an example.

2. Banned

3. Member
    Folks, I do know this. A community without jobs becomes a shell. A city without jobs, same. A State or Country, the same. There are people with families working at fast food places complaining about 12 bucks an hour. The higher paying jobs are getting fewer and fewer. In 2010, this country had 25 million manufacturing jobs. Today, less than 8 million. The standard of living will continue to nosedive in this nation , as we merely become a service job economy, servicing each other.

4. Member
    The economy is sustained by massive federal deficits providing stimulus to the economy. If that ever ends, watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Folks, I do know this. A community without jobs becomes a shell. A city without jobs, same. A State or Country, the same. There are people with families working at fast food places complaining about 12 bucks an hour. The higher paying jobs are getting fewer and fewer. In 2010, this country had 25 million manufacturing jobs. Today, less than 8 million. The standard of living will continue to nosedive in this nation , as we merely become a service job economy, servicing each other.
    While I agree with you there is also the fact that no one seems to want to work anymore. I have a friend who is an electrician, and he has told me that for the apprenticeship program they will take anyone with a pulse now because there is no one applying to the program anymore because anyone who is young does not want to actually do manual labor. My wife works for a company that is building EV buses that just built a huge new plant locally. They have orders in for thousands of buses but can't find anyone who wants to work to build them. They have gone as far as going to special programs where people are getting out of prison or drug programs to try to get someone to work...and even that is producing no one who wants to actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    While I agree with you there is also the fact that no one seems to want to work anymore. I have a friend who is an electrician, and he has told me that for the apprenticeship program they will take anyone with a pulse now because there is no one applying to the program anymore because anyone who is young does not want to actually do manual labor. My wife works for a company that is building EV buses that just built a huge new plant locally. They have orders in for thousands of buses but can't find anyone who wants to work to build them. They have gone as far as going to special programs where people are getting out of prison or drug programs to try to get someone to work...and even that is producing no one who wants to actually work.
    Why work when the govt. will pay you not to? Bass fishing is a lot more fun!

7. Member
    Last edited by tj; 06-25-2023 at 01:01 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

8. Member
    Illinois is a union state. Collective bargaining is now enshrined in our state Constitution. Illinois has been losing jobs and residents for years, and that will continue.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    Illinois is a union state. Collective bargaining is now enshrined in our state Constitution. Illinois has been losing jobs and residents for years, and that will continue.
    Your state is losing residents because of beetlejuice and your governor or lack thereof.....

10. Member
    Everyone needs to put on their vagina hat and chill!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    You been to Japan?
    No but stayed at Holiday Inn a time or two .

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314