Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's Your Best Fishing Blooper of 2022?

I'm curious what was your best fishing blooper of 20022? R&J Bass Fishing had plenty of them. I had one guy tell me he fished a majority of the day missing fish on a spinnerbait until he realized he forgot to take off the protective plastic sleeve they put over the hook. I imagine in the video below; Jim and I had a couple bloopers you may have never experienced before.

https://rumble.com/v1zf0ho-r-and-j-b...66lt3&mc=9e0fe

Blooper Thumbnail Small.jpg

2. Member
    Tried launching the boat with the rear transom straps still attached.

3. Member
    Trying to load onto the trailer with the ultrex down . Cracked the trolling motor shaft and it held up for 2-3 months of fishing before it finally became unusable.

Pushed me into buying a garmin force while waiting for repair parts, but I really enjoy the garmin so it worked out ok.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

My little Minn Kota trolling motor on my canoe developed a vibration I couldn’t figure out the cause of. I ordered all the stuff needed to rebuild the lower end and rebuilt it. First trip out I launched, got out to deep water with the paddle and hit the throttle … backwards …WTF ? Fished the day with 3 forward speeds and 5 reverse

Turns out I had the magnet housing 180* out of position ….

If hatcreek sees this, he’ll add the appropriate gif …
    Last edited by bilgerat; 12-08-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    Ranting incoherently

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    You mean you wanted to see your trailer float!

Dropped my rod locker lid on my favorite jerkbait rod...was my first ever custom rod made for me. I teared up at the moment as he's no longer building rods and this blank isn't available any more.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

7. Member
    My club takes nominations for boob of the year award. Club members can make a nomination at the club meeting then the whole club votes for a winner at the end of the year. This year the award will go to the 2nd place points winner who culled a bass when he only had 4 in the well. Cost him winning the tournament and points that would have won him 1st place for the year.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Went to load the boat on a shallow ramp. Normally I step on the rear truck tire and then to the rear bumper to winch the boat up. I put my hand on the tailgate that was closed. Well, it must not have latched real good cause it flopped down sending my butt into the lake. Not the best way to end a day lol.

One of these days I'm going to fish with you clowns....

I can clown compete for sure...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    An annual event for me.

Our club's award for the bonehead move is called The Golden Carp Award. This years' winners goes to the 2 guys paired for a tournament. They decided to meet at a convenient location and when they arrived, neither had a boat. They both assumed the other guy was bringing his boat.

For me personally it was a close call. Just last week when I was fishing, we had just moved to a different area. As I got up to the deck, I grabbed my rod and it got tangled with another rod. When I got down on my knees to untangle them, somehow the rod in my hand slipped out and into the water she went. There goes my Toadface. Yet somehow it didn't sink like a rock and I was able to grab it about a foot below the surface. I know I have to be careful for a while as I'm assume I have used up a bunch of luck.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Hooked a nice stripper on a spook. Finally got in the net and grabbed it with my fish grippers. Was just about to get the hooks out when it slipped out of the grippers, hit the deck and went in the water. Before I could react I see my rod and reel go over the side still hooked to the fish. First time out with my custom built Loomis rod. All in all I felt worse for the fish than losing the rod and reel. Hope it was able to shed the hook.

14. Member
    One day last summer the grands and I were going to enjoy a morning of bream fishing with 100 crickets. The cricket container was sitting in front of the driver’s console. I pressed the hot foot down pretty fast to get it on plane. The crickets flew out and sunk before I could get back. We drove to the baitshop in the boat that we stopped at before we launched and said to the lady, your not going to believe this but . . .

15. Member
    Launching my boat solo and forgot to put my truck in park…..while somebody else was tied up at the ramp….good times

16. Member
    We had to change several lakes this year because of low water conditions. I’m the TD so I made the lake changes. picked up my non boater and head to the lake. I’m about half way to the lake when he asks me if I knew a different way to get to the new lake. Yup I was driving to the wrong lake, only went about 60 miles out of the way.
    John the Garage Doorman

some doozies!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

18. Member

That was my best blooper also. 1 strap on trailer floating on one side and when I tried to back the boat off it turned sideways and wedged me between the parellel docks seperating the launch lanes. Took 30 minutes to figure out the strap was still attached.

Runner up blooper was my last trip out where I used my canoe. I had a great time with my GF. We caught about 6 keepers and 10 shorts in 2 hours. We were trying to beach the boat when I had to urinate. I had severe kidney stones and the nerves in my groin were comprimised and I could not hold my bladder. I started laughing knowing I wasnt going to make it and stepped out of the canoe into a half foot of water then made a run for it. I came up just short of getting my zipper down and lost control. While I was standing there laughing my GF was still in the canoe. I turned around just in time to see her getting up out of the lake. She tried to stand in the canoe then fell back into a foot of water landing with her head submerged and arms outstretched holding the phone.. We both laughed our asses off all the way home.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 12-08-2022 at 06:37 PM.

19. Member
    Took grandson fishing on the puddle jumper and stood on his rod snapping the tip. Had to buy another Ugly Stick...................

20. Member
    Great thread.. misery loves company

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast