Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I have 2x Amperetime 100ah batteries for my TM. After one year they get 5 of 5 stars. If you will be charging in cold temperatures, be sure to buy a battery with a built in heater. Customer service was top notch. When I ordered them a service rep called me and asked what my use was to ensure that I was getting what I needed.
    Good Luck.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    I know WEIZE has not filed for bankruptcy , left customers with no warranty, then simply slapped a new name on their batteries like a popular brand pimped on this site.
    Do tell. PM please, if not wanting to go public. Getting ready to pull trigger on lithium.

3. Member
    I bought three Weize 100ah batteries last year one went bad I sent it in and they returned a brand new one within a week.
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

4. Member
    I question those that say you get what you pay for. Is that from personal experience with them, analyzing them yourself, studies or analysis done by others, or just spouting cliche's? I agree to a point, but there is a point of diminishing returns as well. Just like in the hunting world, you can buy $100 waders, $350 waders, $600 waders, and $1200 waders. Hell yes the $1200 waders are noticeably better than even the $350 waders, but are they really twice the value of the $600 waders, or is the company just marketing their product and getting those that have to have the best at any cost?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I question those that say you get what you pay for. Is that from personal experience with them, analyzing them yourself, studies or analysis done by others, or just spouting cliche's? I agree to a point, but there is a point of diminishing returns as well. Just like in the hunting world, you can buy $100 waders, $350 waders, $600 waders, and $1200 waders. Hell yes the $1200 waders are noticeably better than even the $350 waders, but are they really twice the value of the $600 waders, or is the company just marketing their product and getting those that have to have the best at any cost?
    Amen Thame......"marketing" quite often creates a mirage.....

6. Member
    I like Ionic because they called me when I placed an order last fall when stuff went on sale, to let me know what the backorder was, and if I wanted these in a week they couldn't at that point do that. An actual PERSON called me, could not have been nicer. And when I went back and saw the 125 amp was just a bit more than the 100 I ordered in the sale, I called them back, a PERSON answered the phone, pulled up my order and changed it and charged me the difference on the spot and said no problem, happy to help you get what you want.

Its like dealing with an old time business with old time customer service values, not phone trees, voice mails, messages left and not returned for days, sending emails to contact us email addresses, etc. I cannot speak for any other company out there because someone I trust recommended Ionic to me and I just went with them, but I can say I am a happy customer. I did look around a bit for alternatives, but nothing was drastically less or seemed any better than Ionic for Lithiums. Maybe others have different takes, I dont know, I just know I am happy with doing business with them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I like Ionic because they called me when I placed an order last fall when stuff went on sale, to let me know what the backorder was, and if I wanted these in a week they couldn't at that point do that. An actual PERSON called me, could not have been nicer. And when I went back and saw the 125 amp was just a bit more than the 100 I ordered in the sale, I called them back, a PERSON answered the phone, pulled up my order and changed it and charged me the difference on the spot and said no problem, happy to help you get what you want.

Its like dealing with an old time business with old time customer service values, not phone trees, voice mails, messages left and not returned for days, sending emails to contact us email addresses, etc. I cannot speak for any other company out there because someone I trust recommended Ionic to me and I just went with them, but I can say I am a happy customer. I did look around a bit for alternatives, but nothing was drastically less or seemed any better than Ionic for Lithiums. Maybe others have different takes, I dont know, I just know I am happy with doing business with them.
    Here's what matters Toni, you and I went different directions and we're both happy.....if we are both happy then where's the problem?

I do have to add this, I spent a bunch of time on the phone with both Mercury and Lowrance Technical CS.....and it was, overall, a total waste of time. In fact in both instances it was readily apparent that I knew more about the product under discussion than the person on the other end of the line. Mercury did send me down the line to a person that DID know the product inside and out. Lowrance wouldn't do that (after several phone calls) as I had to work through an intermediary via email. BIG PITA that accomplished nada.

Nowadays, in my experience, just because you're talking to a person on the other end of a phone line doesn't mean you're getting any "support." In fact, I'd RATHER go back and forth via messaging/email so as to have a paper trail......

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Here's what matters Toni, you and I went different directions and we're both happy.....if we are both happy then where's the problem?
    "Maybe others have different takes, I dont know, I just know I am happy with doing business with them."

9. Member
    Please do tell.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BassnPhoenix920 View Post
    I bought three Weize 100ah batteries last year one went bad I sent it in and they returned a brand new one within a week.
    Would all three of them going bad, then getting three new ones within a week impressed you even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    Great post and I agree. I highly doubt the people with their strong opinions are basing it off much more than hearsay and maybe 1 or 2 experiences with lithium batteries. I just focus on individual experiences and go from there. Seems like the Weize or Chins would be a good battery to try.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    "I just know I am happy with doing business with them."

That's ALL that matters....👍

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123