Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I have a spray in liner with a ARE flat fiberglass tonneau cover on top.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

2. Member
    I went with line-x and the undercover armorflex for my trifold cover. Very happy with both.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    The problem with plastic bed liner inserts, besides being so slick, is they rub the paint off the bed in spots. Bare metal and water that gets under the liner = rust. Yes they are very durable, but over the years the bed will pay the price. Go Line-X, you wont regret it.

4. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I'm surprised a Platinum doesn't come with a sprayed factory liner. My Denali did. . .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadStiK View Post
    I'm surprised a Platinum doesn't come with a sprayed factory liner. My Denali did. . .
    This was my exact thinking.
    2020 Phoenix 920 elite, 250 Yamaha SHO, Humminbird and Ultrex

6. Member
    Another vote for Line-X.

7. Member
    Line-X is the best. Do that.

8. Member
    line x nicest one out there
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    I had a Rhinoliner in my Silverado and it was sprayed in pretty thick and not very slippery. Very good liner over a painted bed.

I downsized to a Tacoma and they come with a composite bed so no worries about scratches and rust. I then bought an ARE camper shell with a Bed Rug and love it. Somewhat cushiony so things don't slide around and quiet so metal objects don't clang while being hauled.

Either setup would be a good choice.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    Another option is Dualliner.com. The sides and tailgate get covered like a plastic slide-in, but the bottom is a heavy bed mat. I never had anything slide on it and it takes a serious blow to dent the bed bottom.
    Only thing I’ll use anymore. I used to spray spray in liners at my shop. Tried 4 different brands before comin to the realization these things ain’t protecting squat. Uve got literally destroy the finish in the bed to get them to stick and even then they’re really not stuck. What holds them down is merely the thickness and pliability of the product. The factory doesn’t even scuff there’s one iota. I discovered this replacing bedsides. It’s just that they’re so thick its tough to peel. Then there’s the idea that u can’t undo it once Uve done it. Spill paint or something harsh on it and now it looks like crap. I’ve got two trucks I regret spraying a bedliner in. I tried the dual liner and I’m sold on it. But everyone’s opinions differ, this is just another option.

11. Member
    Get Line X and don't look back. Most places that do Line X also install bed covers as well may be a one stop shop.

Line X

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadStiK View Post
    You can factory order the Ford spray in liner. I have it on my Raptor and is just as nice as the line-x (last two trucks) but holds up to the UV better and looks a little better 9 yrs later.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    You can factory order the Ford spray in liner. I have it on my Raptor and is just as nice as the line-x (last two trucks) but holds up to the UV better and looks a little better 9 yrs later.
    I've had a couple trucks with LineX and they were great but on my current Lariat I got the Ford spray in liner and after 3 years it's still in excellent shape.

15. Member
    My f-150 has the line x and my f350 has the Ford factory liner. The Ford liner is not as thick as the line-x but it is tougher. I have already knocked off the liner at all of the bed bolt tops and a couple of chips in the bed on the 150. The f-350 only has 1 spot where it went through to the paint and that was a oops with my 1500lb weight box. The 3000lb batteries I haul have not tore it up when slid in the truck. Both liners IMHO have held up well and I would not be without one as I use my trucks as such. My only gripe is they are slick but not as bad as the plastic ones used to be. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

16. Member
    I have had Line-X in all of my trucks and will never go with anything else as long as it is an option. My current F150 with the 5.5 box was about 600 bucks in 2019, not bad at all. I also would recommend staying away from the tri-fold covers, have a couple friends with them and if you are in a wet climate at all, they will absorb water over time, increasing the weight of the cover making it more difficult to operate as well as snapping the rail clips. I run a simple soft tonneau roll up, and haven't had an issue with any of them. Most issues with roll up covers come from people not stretching the cover before pushing down the velcro, keep it tight and it flops less in the wind and you wont have an issue with the velcro.

Line X here, too.

You'll like the trifold. Mine is 10 yrs old and still in pretty good shape. It won't be completely waterproof. You'll get some leakage but it's stays pretty darn dry under there. The locking clamps break every few years but are easily replaced. Be sure to mount it right and always use the snaps if you drive with it folded back. It's tempting not to do that step but I've seen them blow off going down the highway.

I keep a 30" x 8' piece of carpet in the back. (I have the 8 foot bed) My tool box will still slide on the line X but stays put on the carpet. I'll pull it out to put on the ground if I need to change a tire or whatever. I also use it to set my cot on if I sleep beside my truck.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

18. Member
    I bought my 2020 F150 new, it has a plastic drop in liner. The plastic liner works fine, I really don't mind if it rubs through the bed paint under it since the bed is aluminum.. If i ever decide to have a spray in liner done they will sand the paint down anyway to give the bed liner coating a surface to adhere to. I don't need my truck bed to have a "pretty" spray in coating, it functions just fine as a truck bed with the the plastic liner.
    2022 Lund Tyee 1875, Merc 200

19. Member
    May be unpopular but I have spray in with a carpet mat that is held down with heavy duty velcro. The mat is on the floor and tailgate. But covered with a tonneau.

With that carpert mat nothing slides around in there and is easy to remove if needed.
    Fish have fins, they swim

20. Member
    My Platinum was specd with the Ford spray in. It is great, no issues whatsoever, and just as good as the Line-X I have had.

If the truck isn't specd with the Ford spray in, find a Line-X dealer and have it done professionally. It is worth every penny and is better than the alternatives I have owned.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast