Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I like the taste of diet soda better than regular, just slightly less sweet. What I do not like is the type of cravings I have when I drink it. I will go after chips or something salty after drinking a diet soda, so I try to avoid them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    For some it is the taste Miller Lite isn't necessarily drank for weight loss purposes
    Agreed. I try not to get calories from liquids unless there is booze involved.

3. Member
    Enjoying a coke zero right now.
    ________
    $8

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I don't buy that for a second. With minimal effort, the $13 spent on a drive through meal, of which 95% of is starch & filler, could have been a beef/chicken/pork meal with potato & veggie side or a pasta meal with chicken etc. If you don't want to go that route because it's inconvenient for you, I don't know what to tell you.
    You’re comparing prepared food to unprepared. It would have been better to compare the cost of fresh produce (with higher nutritional content) to canned or frozen of the same item by weight. Your references include family members in supermarket management. My references are 20 years of being a registered dietitian and loads of peer reviewed journal articles. Need links?
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    x2
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

A doc buddy of mine says artificial sweeteners still signal a fat storage signal. He claims diet soda is horrible for diabetics because it raises blood sugar

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabbott1958 View Post
    A doc buddy of mine says artificial sweeteners still signal a fat storage signal. He claims diet soda is horrible for diabetics because it raises blood sugar
    Shhhh ... you're going to ruin a perfectly good nasty habit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    You’re comparing prepared food to unprepared. It would have been better to compare the cost of fresh produce (with higher nutritional content) to canned or frozen of the same item by weight. Your references include family members in supermarket management. My references are 20 years of being a registered dietitian and loads of peer reviewed journal articles. Need links?
    I don’t doubt you or your credentials. I was looking at it from a standpoint of times are tough and you have $13 to eat with, how do you maximize that into the best way to get a nutritious meal/meals ? Yeah, I get it that fresh will always trump frozen or canned produce on a nutritional level but all that aside it has to be infinitely better than a burger, fries & soft drink.

As for the supermarket management thing, that was in reference as to why stores in certain urban environments failed on a business level … even in the most successful supermarkets in suburban locations, it’s a high volume vs razor thin profit margin dynamic. It’s a wonder more don’t go under.
    Ranting incoherently

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    you would think,,,,,, but every time I drive by one the parking lot is always full
    Of fat people right...

10. Member
    My 2 cents...........

USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

11. Member
    Just finished off my diet soda. It was great. Another one down for the fat folks.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    No sir,, not a drop,,, never have ,,,also avoid caffeine,, eat healthy and work our four to five days a week ,
    Cool. I wish I had that drive.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Had a diet mtn dew earlier. Hope it triggers my brain to get up and put together this work bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Had a diet mtn dew earlier. Hope it triggers my brain to get up and put together this work bench.
    I hear that. It worked for me this morning - enjoyed a nice cold Diet Coke to get ready for a 4 am, 10-mile run.

If I grow my own Diet Coke at home, will I still be fat, or am I OK because it is naturally grown?

https://www.amazon.com/soda-machines/s?k=soda+machines

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    I hear that. It worked for me this morning - enjoyed a nice cold Diet Coke to get ready for a 4 am, 10-mile run.
    Who was chasing you and why? Did they have guns or knives or both?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    If I grow my own Diet Coke at home, will I still be fat, or am I OK because it is naturally grown?

https://www.amazon.com/soda-machines/s?k=soda+machines
    Ive been considering one of those as I drink carbonated water by the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Who was chasing you and why? Did they have guns or knives or both?
    Hah! Mostly my conscience after the pie my wife made on Thanksgiving!

19. Member
    The only fair way to resolve this is by a vote of BBC members. Each member gets one vote for each pound of weight. You cannot count the weight of the 17 guns that most members carry everywhere they go.

20. Member
    Most diet drinks are made with aspartame and that stuff is worse for you than sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast