Thread: F..king Paypal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Google "paypal 499 scam".

2. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Pretty sure the OP named the screenshot that.
    Correcto!

3. Banned

4. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Dude. You got scammed. That’s not PayPal’s phone number.
    Yeah, I googled that phone number prior to calling PP with the number on Paypal's website. It was a huge red flag as soon as it didn't return any result. I already cancelled my linked CC.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Yeah, I googled that phone number prior to calling PP with the number on Paypal's website. It was a huge red flag as soon as it didn't return any result. I already cancelled my linked CC.
    So the thread title, "F..cking Paypal", is no longer appropriate.

6. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by RKW View Post
    So the thread title, "F..cking Paypal", is no longer appropriate.
    Still very valid.

7. Member
    Damn boomers and the internets.

8. Member
    You probably want to change you PP password, if you keep the account. And run some good malware/spyware checkers on your system before logging on to any other accounts. NPE (Norton Power Eraser) is a good, free app to start with.
    John

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Another safety precaution I take is to link a pre-paid debit card to my PayPal account. I can’t transfer money from my account back to the card, but I’m ok with that. I only keep a small amount of money on the card until I am ready to make a purchase, then load money to the card.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    It was a scam.
    You should have just signed into your account and seen if there were any payments pending. I get those Emails all the time . Nobody has ever taken any money I didn't send them with PayPal.
    Agree with Tim. I got one or two over the years. I just flag them and delete them. I've been using PayPal since day one, never ever had a problem.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

11. Member
    Do people still use PayPal much? I hadn’t used it in years. Just closed it out a few months ago.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

12. Member
    Be careful of Emails and phone calls. Been with Paypal from the beginning, and they protect your money. If someone request money, they don't get it till you approve it. Paypal will not pay anything out of your account. without you clicking the OK or Pay button.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    Change your PayPal password NOW! Then also setup 2-factor authentication.

Suggest you log into your PayPal account by typing the URL into a browser, not clicking on a link. Check all charges and dispute any that are on your account.

14. Member
    a scam, i get all the time!! that and my amazon account will be cancelled immediately if I dont reply asap
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Scam, got the exact same email a few weeks ago. Went to my app, logged in… all was good. Deleted the email and moved on.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

16. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpumpkin View Post
    Do people still use PayPal much? I hadn’t used it in years. Just closed it out a few months ago.
    I use paypal weekly. Lot of times I don’t order from places that don’t use paypal.

I normally don’t have a credit card handy when I order items. Also, I can’t remember my credit card numbers, need it front of me to use….old age, bad memory 😂

Yeah that’s not on PayPal. You need to learn the difference from a scam and something legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpumpkin View Post
    Yea I use it all the time. Safer than using your credit card.

19. Banned
    I have had fake invoices show up in my PayPal account. As long as you don't accept them, they disappear in a few days. Recommend everyone enable 2 part login.

20. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Have used PP for the better part of 10 years and only had a few incidents. Any complaint I've reported to customer service has been promptly resolved with money back in my account. I don't know how they do it, but the most recent event happened a couple of weeks ago when I received a $150 order that was incorrect. Alerted them that I wanted to return with prepaid shipping for full refund and this morning I received an email stating my refund has been processed. They don't even want me to return the items Works for me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast