Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

2. Member
    I20221019_094416.jpg20221019_094416.jpg I know in a lot of the pics you may not notice the cracks as good but you can really see them in the natural light. There are cracks in several different places and the one you cant see is the worst ( the one along the top its like ten inches long) and thats the one which is weakening the fender as it drives down the road. I guess it will get worse too and get longer and longer as i use the boat too.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    Unfortunately as an insurance agent it’s very unfortunate. The problem being is the other driver is at fault. Their carrier is saying it’s a 20 year old trailer. ACV says it’s worth $800 so there’s no way they’re going to pay $4800 for a fender repair. Think of it this way....if I own and restored a 1979 Pinto with the latest and greatest and someone totals it, it’s still a 1979 Pinto. If you put a bunch of money into it look into stated amount coverage. A lot of carriers will restrict this with age. I would always suggest going through your own carrier/agent but unfortunately your own carrier won’t sign off on a $4800 fender repair because they know there’s no way they can subrogate against the other carrier for that amount. I’d suggest let them total it, ask for the buyback price and then live with the cracks. Feel free to PM me any questions. Sorry for the troubles you’re running into.
    Thanks but what amount would they give me if they total it. Would I be better off taking her to court over this, which I hate to do this bc thats what her insurance should be for and why should I have to live with the cracks am I a bad person for wanting my boat back to normal and not wanting to be responsible for paying for it since I was not in the neg. here.

4. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger521znem View Post
    Thanks but what amount would they give me if they total it. Would I be better off taking her to court over this, which I hate to do this bc thats what her insurance should be for and why should I have to live with the cracks am I a bad person for wanting my boat back to normal and not wanting to be responsible for paying for it since I was not in the neg. here.
    The problem is even if you took them to court it’s a 20+ year old trailer. It has nothing to to do with you being a bad person. Mind you my trailer is 18 years old. If the cost to total a trailer a 20 year old trailer is $1000 vs paying $4800 to repair one trailer fender there is zero chance they’re going to pay $4800. If this was stated amount I would agree but acv brings back the 79 Pinto scenario back into it. As an agent we represent the customer not the carrier but the carrier is going to go lowest possible. You can take her to court which I would do but the problem is what is the actual value of a 20+ year old trailer? I can buy a 22’ Bullet trailer for less than $5,000. Why would they pay $4800 for a fender on an old trailer?
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

5. Banned
    Good point

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12