Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I just hope to fish more, I hope the kayak will help me do this.

2. Member
    Probably fish during the week since I am retired now. Maybe 2 -3 days a week. I would like to try some new techniques and explore new areas on local lakes. Try to just really enjoy each fishing opportunity.

Checking one off the bucket list, going to the Amazon for Peacock Bass in January. I wish I could have gone on this trip 20 years ago but hey this 62 year old man is still going to fish hard and have a great time.
    Woody

4. Member
    Ill be changing my fishing habits and techniques...all bass stuff is going away, Moving to Kodiak Alaska and will be going after salmon and Halibut! Ill be back chasing little green fish in 3 years.

5. Member
    Actually go fishing more than once in a year

6. Member
    Hook the boat trailer to the truck, drive to the lake, launch the boat, drive around a bit, fish, recover the boat, drive home, repeat multiple times.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    If back and neck doesn't get fixed, it will be like past more than a year. No fishing.
    USF Neurology at Tampa General today at 12:45 for first appointment there. See if they will do anything, or if I will be shifted around like I have been.
    Hope they can fix you up. You have put up with the pain and the run around enough.

8. Member
    Me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Br. View Post
    Actually go fishing more than once in a year

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    If back and neck doesn't get fixed, it will be like past more than a year. No fishing.
    USF Neurology at Tampa General today at 12:45 for first appointment there. See if they will do anything, or if I will be shifted around like I have been.
    Hope they can get you fixed up. You've put up with the pain and run around for a long time.

10. Member
    Dadgumit. I've fat fingered a double post.

11. Member
    Alabama south division of the ABA Open series. Don't have any big fishing trips planned at the moment.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

12. Member
    Got all winter to decide to go bigger or go home. Either I join a club that fishes bigger waters or return to hobby fishing. The Tuesday club I am in rotates a few lakes and most of them the locals kill all the weeds on. The one lake with good weeds is dominated by a guy with FFS. Just a fact. Bunch of retired guys who cut their teeth in the 80s fishing tournaments and one guy who games us. The lakes are small and he charts all day with his troller on high looking for bigger fish. The payouts for first average 250. He won 5 consecutive on that lake. Not sour grapes just not blind or stupid enough not to know when I'm getting gamed. For most of us it's a past time and something to do for pleasure. We aren't going to spend 2 grand to even the playing field. This guy is in a Saturday club with very aggressive young guns. They spend to have the advantages. I fished that club years ago before FFS/Spot lock technology and did well until having health issues. Had I stayed active in it no doubt I would have spent the money on FFS and spot lock.

I'm hoping that my motor blowing up or health reasons don't ruin my summer like it has for the last 2 years. I'll take a southern Illinois trip in late March and then several trips up to Northern Michigan for smallmouth during the summer. Locally, I'll fish Lake Michigan several times a week over the summer.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I made 6 trips to our cabin on Georgian Bay this past summer. My wife went on two of those trips. We're considering building a new cabin on the back of our island and tearing down the current 1000 sq ft cabin that was built in 1954. However, I don't want to sink big money (building costs are at $400 per sq ft) into a new cabin only to find out that my wife can't stand being at the cabin for an extended period of time. Hopefully, we can eventually spend the entire summer there. So, next summer we plan to do 4-6 weeks at a time at the cabin, with breaks at home in between for doctor appointments, etc. So, far fewer tournaments for me next year. I plan to fish several of the Thursday tournaments of retired folks in the area before we go to the cabin in June and after we close for the season in early October. Lots of fun and fellowship, with a little money to be won.
    hopefully a new cabin would have additional guest accom's so i can come fish some of those giant largemouth

Depending on what goes on with the US border and vaccination status (one of our group doesnt have shots) we are planning on doing a early april trip down to the chick river while the ice is too bad to go on anymore.

Played with the idea of fishing our regional CBAF trail up here and came to the realization that I like tournament fishing, but not being obligated or overly competitive to do it. So next year I plan on sticking to fishing the events I want to fish, when I want to fish rather than specifically fishing a competitive trail. Clubby events and opens will be the focus, with my standard week off at bass opener to fun fish for an entire week on my home lake will be set up.

Theres some discussion surrounding my job about some opportunity to work up in the yukon, for some meetings etc. If that goes through I will be sure to extend my time there and get some fishing done for sure.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

15. Member
    I plan on fishing more next spring. I had a lot of different projects going on last year that got into my fishing time. One was purchasing a used dock and getting it moved and coordinating some updates to it. BUT, we have enjoyed it so much it was well worth the time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    Hope they can fix you up. You have put up with the pain and the run around enough.
    +1

I’m trying to get my travel buddy to commit to a big trip either Alaska, Patagonia or back to Costa Rica. We’ll also fish his camp in Canada 2-3 times and maybe extend those trips to hit Georgian Bay. Then there’s northern Michigan and Wisconsin and probably back to Louisiana. We’ll fish musky around his house in northern Indiana and bass/crappie/bluegill around my house in south central Indiana.

Just too much water and not enough time and money to get it all in.

NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR, Who is talking about NEXT YEAR??????????? Still almost 3 months left in this year! Really NEXT YEAR?????????????????????????
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR, Who is talking about NEXT YEAR??????????? Still almost 3 months left in this year! Really NEXT YEAR?????????????????????????
    How does 6 weeks equal 3 months?

There's the rest of November, Toyotathon, and December.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast