Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Neighborhood Dogs

Some folks down the street just can not seem to keep their dogs inside their fence. For whatever reason, my yard is their favorite pooping spot while they are out and about on the run from their fenced enclosure. I have ask the folks 3 times to please keep their dogs from running the neighborhood, but yet the dogs just came by for a visit and left a large deposit in my yard. I am about to the point to be "that neighbor", and just let animal control deal with it, but I would have to file a complaint. I do not want to be that guy, but dang. This is a neighborhood with city ordinances etc. about dogs running loose. This is my 1st time dealing with neighbors that just really do not seem to care about simple laws and such. I have a dog, and he stays in his fence...just not sure where to go, so thought I would ask the fine folks of BBC land.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

You can either scoop up all of the poop and throw it in the dog owner's yard or call the dog warden.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

well I had a dog I could not keep in a fence either, dig under, through, I even put steel field fence and he was able to get under it and dig out. Gave up and got rid of the dog.

Had a lab that would pull the fence planks out, was the neatest thing to see. I was able to cure that with an electrified cattle wire.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. #FRB
    Scoop the turds up into a paper bag, set it on fire, and ring their doorbell and run away real fast?
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

You've asked them, they've ignored you. Rather than escalate the situation directly with your neighbors, I think you're 100% in the right to contact Animal Control, just my two cents.
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

6. Member
    I cannot stand dogs

My mailbox doubles as the neighborhood doggy outhouse. I gave up trying to have ornamental grass or flowers around it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerFish View Post
    You've asked them, they've ignored you. Rather than escalate the situation directly with your neighbors, I think you're 100% in the right to contact Animal Control, just my two cents.
    That is the direction I am leaning, like I said, just hate to be that guy. When I take my dog on walks around the neighborhood, I have bags to clean up after him, and I have been known to clean up others just to keep from being blamed. That is unfortunately how my minds works. And in the grand scheme of things, having a dogs crap in your yard is not that big of a deal, but at the same time, it's my yard that I spend too much time as it is attempting to make it look like Augusta National.

Wish I was the type to scoop it all up and go throw it back in their yards, but I have too much hippie in me for such.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    well I had a dog I could not keep in a fence either, dig under, through, I even put steel field fence and he was able to get under it and dig out. Gave up and got rid of the dog.

Had a lab that would pull the fence planks out, was the neatest thing to see. I was able to cure that with an electrified cattle wire.
    I had a solid black German Shepard at one time, and he could climb a chain-link fence like a ladder! It was the dangest thing to watch.

10. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    You tried to be polite and ask for their help. They didn't even try . Call the warden let them take care of it. That's what they do. It sucks but what other option do you have.?
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

11. Member
    [QUOTE=LDraper;[URL="tel:12739741"]12739741[/URL]]That is the direction I am leaning, like I said, just hate to be that guy. When I take my dog on walks around the neighborhood, I have bags to clean up after him, and I have been known to clean up others just to keep from being blamed. That is unfortunately how my minds works. And in the grand scheme of things, having a dogs crap in your yard is not that big of a deal, but at the same time, it's my yard that I spend too much time as it is attempting to make it look like Augusta National.

Your not “That Guy”.

They are “Those People”. You alerted them to a problem which is THEIR responsibility and can’t seem to abide. So they need a little push in the right direction. Pics help when calling animal control.

12. Member
    If you have an HOA board I would contact them to get involved. There should be something in the HOA guidelines about stuff like that.

13. Member
    My buddy made a sign, 4x8 sheet of plywood that said Let your dog shit in your own yard! and it worked
    We live out in the country though. Neighbors weren't thrilled

14. Member
    I'd just do what Jim Carey did in me, myself & Irene

15. Member
    In the bbc way you could do like like Charlie did in the movie ME, MYSELF AND IRENE and go use his yard.

16. Member
    My Mother in Law's neighbor a few years ago.....saved up a big pile of goodies dropped in their yard by her golden retriever over a few weeks. She came home to find it PILED on her small porch one afternoon.. She was quite insulted, however - she got the point. a pretty effective message from what I could tell.

17. Member
    Dogs are smart. Let Red Rider train them to stay away... one BB at a time.

18. Member
    We have a neighbor that lit a campfire ring every day and burned garbage. In the summer our house reaked of green lumber. The only thing that worked was the police showing up with a threat of a summons. He also has 2 dogs that routinely get loose and deficate wherever they wander. Peer pressure got them to put them on a run. People complained and threatened calling animal control.

Had a similar thing years ago. I tried to be nice but it did not work. I spent a few minutes picking up a literal grocery bag full of dog shit and dumped it on their front porch. I left a note saying what I did, why and that it only took me a few minutes to pick up that amount. I would do it again every day until they controlled their dog. It worked but then somehow I was the bad guy in the neighborhood. I did not care. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    You can either scoop up all of the poop and throw it in the dog owner's yard or call the dog warden.
    Agree with this 100%.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast