Length on trailer 520r vs 521r

Website says 520r tongue folded, engine trimmed 25'1". Also says 521r tongue folded and engine trimmed 25'1"...What am I missing???

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Trailers can be configured differently to set up for optimal tongue weight for each hull. That said, I don’t know that they can [or would] get an extra 10 inches onto a trailer approximately the same length as one used on the shorter 520R. However, much the same dimensions would have been used on Z521C and L boats, so you could ask someone with one of those models to do a measurement for you.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    my 520r is a half inch under 25 feet with tongue swung. with motor in travel position. The boats butt sits further off the trailer then previous boats I have had.

4. Member
    I have a 520r and with the tongue folded and engine trimmed I have 8" to spare. What I would really like to know is can my garage fit a 521r in it. If someone could confirm the overall length of the 521r on trailer tongue folded and engine trimmed. TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by 665 Almostevil View Post
    my 520r is a half inch under 25 feet with tongue swung. with motor in travel position. The boats butt sits further off the trailer then previous boats I have had.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    I have a 520r and with the tongue folded and engine trimmed I have 8" to spare. What I would really like to know is can my garage fit a 521r in it. If someone could confirm the overall length of the 521r on trailer tongue folded and engine trimmed. TIA
    Sorry for the novel but hopefully it will help you or someone else out.

If you get that measurement for the 521R, ask them what engine they have on their boat. I say that because the engine cowling front-to-back length might be different on say a Mercury 250 4-stroke versus an Evinrude, Yamaha, etc.

Also, on a Mercury 4-stroke engine, its cowling sticks out 5.1 inches farther back than a Mercury 2-stroke engine. Ranger may/may not include in their catalog number that extra 5.1 inches in their overall length of the boat on the trailer.

Also, ask the person if their engine is in the straight position or is it turned all the way to one side. I save approximately 2 inches with I turn my Mercury 4-stroke 250 all the way to one side, like I'd be making a left turn on the water.

Also, the bow of their boat should be touching the front roller and, if not, tell you what the approximate gap length is if the boat slid backwards a little bit on the trailer when they were driving their rig up a sloped ramp.

My 2019 Ranger Z520C with a Mercury 250 4-stroke without the Power Poles I sold, measures 24'8" with the tongue swung open, the engine turned to one side, the engine close to straight down, with an 8" manual jackplate, and a cowling that sticks farther rearward by 5.1".

My small so-called 2 car garage actually measures 19' wide x 19'6" deep. The garage door reduces the usable depth by 6". My boat did fit into the garage, but like a glove diagonally. But it was too tight for my comfort. So a subcontractor suggested that if it was his garage, he would remove the 3' wall and fire door between my small utility room and the garage and that I'd have 24"-30" more room around the back of the boat. I didn't need to walk around the front of the boat which was in a front corner of the garage. After his quick renovation was done, we did a trial back-the-boat-onto-the-garage run and it was successful but not perfectly where it could have been in the garage. I connected my Trailer Valet 5X near the forward of the port side trailer channel and put a GoJak SUV G7016 trailer wheel dolly on the two front trailer wheels and jacked them up. The contractor noticed the two rear trailer wheels came off the floor and he suggested we move the back of the boat in the garage to the perfect position and he put blue tape on the garage floor. The tape became the marks that I should try to hit when backing the boat into the garage.

Once the boat was into the garage, I could walk around the back of the boat, I put a piece of wood 2x4 in front of the port side rear trailer wheel to keep the boat from rolling forward. I put the Ranger tongue jack down to the floor and raised the Trailer Valet 5X tongue jack. With the the 2 GoJak G7016 dollies and the Trailer Valet in place, I can mechanically move the tongue of the boat into the front corner of the garage. I'm up in age and need the mechanical advantage I get from those two products. I have to strain myself to move the rear of the boat sideways so I don't try. But a 30-50 year old can do that by himself. The contractor (50) and I (75) moved the rear of the boat sideways but he did 95% and me 5% of the work.

Trailer/Garaging Aids:

- two GoJak Model: G7016 | GoJak® SUV™ G7016; max load = 1,750 lbs. on each GoJak so with 2 GoJaks on a twin axle trailer, I have margin. GoJaks are made by Zendex Tool. "Designed, manufactured, tested in the USA."

https://shop.zendextool.com/G7016--G...016_p_178.html

- one Trailer Valet 5X

https://trailervalet.com/shop/trailer-valet-5x/

Howard Harris
    Phoenix, Arizona 85048
    2019 20'9" Ranger Z520C
    250 Mercury V8 Pro XS Four-Stroke/Serial #:2B644590
    Minn Kota Ultrex 36V 112LB 45"
    LiveScope LVS34 Plus & Garmin 102SV (Bow)
    LiveScanner Motorized Pole/RyTek Marine Bracket/Garmin LVS34 Plus Xducer)
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live (Driver's Console)
    Precision Sonar Plates, Brackets, and Gimbals
    23P Mercury Fury-3 Blade
    Email: azhohar@centurylink.net