Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This would make me burn down my own house.

I haven't posted links that this before. This just really burned my butt as I was reading it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...5d67748b774793

2. Member
    Just hire the local 1% motorcycle club to convince them to move out the "nice" way.

I don't understand why it is so hard to kick these people out of the house. Go in there with the owners permission and arrest them for trespassing. Throw their crap in the trash and move in. Why does the law give these criminals more rights than the property owners.

4. Member
    If the current occupants have a fake lease with all the proper information it could take forever to get it resolved.

5. Member
    Seems awful suspicious how they could just pick a random house to squat in to me...
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

6. Member
    I have enough problems from the past 2 sets of neighbors who have legally moved in within the past 5 years.
    21 years here were good, as far as with neighbors.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    If the current occupants have a fake lease with all the proper information it could take forever to get it resolved.
    If they have a lease, then they should be able to show that they're paying someone. If someone else is involved, then it constitutes some form of fraud. If not then it falls on the squatters. Either way, it should be treated as a criminal act not brushed-off as a civil matter.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    If they have a lease, then they should be able to show that they're paying someone. If someone else is involved, then it constitutes some form of fraud. If not then it falls on the squatters. Either way, it should be treated as a criminal act not brushed-off as a civil matter.
    Apparently the local police doesn't want to get involved, they examined the lease at said it wasn't accurate. I'm with you there was a crime committed somewhere.
    "King said that prior to deflecting responsibility, officers with the Prince George's County Police Department examined the men's supposed lease and conceded that 'it was not accurate."

9. Member
    So all I need to hunt anywhere I want is a fake lease? And I can't be charged with trespassing? What is this world coming to.

Just go in and shoot them and claim Castle.

10. Member
    Well, if these where white boys and the car was a pale blue Prius, would this even be in the news

11. Member
    Don't buy a house without looking at it it person.

12. Member
    While they should be removed, it does not surprise me as the place and state it is in.

13. Member
    i was watching an article on a show talking about this becoming a big problem. i cant remember how they was doing it but there was a legal form they was getting that gives them the opportunity to grab it and then it takes months or even years to get it worked out in court.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    So all I need to hunt anywhere I want is a fake lease? And I can't be charged with trespassing? What is this world coming to.

Just go in and shoot them and claim Castle.
    Something along these lines is the unfortunate answer since the Law will not do its job to protect the rights of the citizens.

Squatters rights may have had a place in merry ol' England and maybe even the Frontier days, but they really need to be updated so you can throw trash out on the street. Evictions from defaults are bad enough (yes I am a mean Landlord) but squatting by con artists is something that should have immediate recourse via the law.

16. Member
    My wife's family is dealing with a fake deed right now. The fake deed is supposedly from 2011 but just recently filed. The grandmother's signature is different but she's passed away. The guy that the property sold to never existed at the listed address, the address listed had the wrong zip code. The notary signed an affidavit stating that he didn't sign the deed and his last name was misspelled. A lady brought the fake deed in and left it to be filed but the clerk noticed some missing information so it was mailed to the grandmother's address, someone got the fake deed out the mail and corrected the mistakes and then mail it back with cash for the filing fee. The clerk filed the corrected fake deed so it became a legal document. My wife gave the family attorney a thousand dollars to get started and will owe more before it's straightened out.

17. Member
    I don't understand how the beurocracy can let this go on for any longer than a day. The police get both parties and the legal person's involved with the house filing in a room and iron out what is legally binding. They confirm the lease that was provided by the squatters is fake then the squatters get booted. Then look into if it was made by the squatters or if they thought it was legit and someone else is guilty of fraud. No way this could take more than a couple hours with a few heads in the room.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I don't understand how the beurocracy can let this go on for any longer than a day. The police get both parties and the legal person's involved with the house filing in a room and iron out what is legally binding. They confirm the lease that was provided by the squatters is fake then the squatters get booted. Then look into if it was made by the squatters or if they thought it was legit and someone else is guilty of fraud. No way this could take more than a couple hours with a few heads in the room.
    I guess they can't be bothered and would rather spend the time eating donuts and drinking coffee.

19. Member
    It all starts with these do-gooder, protect the low income laws. Like I always say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    John

20. Member
    The story said their black lab it was clearly a pit bull!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast