BOLO cheaper used car prices

Been holding off for 2+ years now.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wall-...183948865.html

2. Member
    It wont be just used cars in trouble, plenty or buying new at MSRP or higher and financing for 6-7 years. The entire industry is set for a disaster in about three years as inventory starts out pacing demand and people are WAY upside down as the discounts come back.

One thing is certain is that some car dealers and boat dealers have shown their asses in these past couple of years with idiotic inventory fees etc. When it hits the fan I will never spend a dime with any of those.

4. Member
    Agreed Rat.

Mark, I purchase a vehicle every 10-15 years so not enough interaction to sway me to or from any dealer.

5. Member
    Yep. I had to involuntarily go new car shopping earlier this year when wife hydroplaned and rolled her small suv. Almost all had addendum stickers with at least 3-5k added and they were not negotiating. I abruptly ended conversations and walked away and they didn't care. Finally ran into a dealership in a small town. Turns out the dealership had just been reopened under new ownership and they wanted to sell cars. I still didn't get the deal l thought l could get, but after the visits with the other dealerships, a little compromise didn't hurt so much. I just now know what dealer's lots l will absolutely never set foot on again.

Oh boy. My son-in-law just agreed on a deal on a used 2018 f-150 last night. I hope he doesn't get hit with a stupid rate.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

7. Member
    I’ve been fortunate to not really “need” anything in the last couple years so I’ve avoided buying but I just hope our uncle sugar doesn’t do anything stupid when the bottom falls out and this “soft landing” turns into a crash landing. The American people need to learn some lessons about finances and money…. Unfortunately those lessons can be difficult and unpopular regardless of who’s in charge and affected. Just my opinion.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

You didn't have to be a financial genius too see this coming.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Oh boy. My son-in-law just agreed on a deal on a used 2018 f-150 last night. I hope he doesn't get hit with a stupid rate.
    Rates are what they are. Auto rates in my area are still pretty good. We just purchased a VW Atlas and ended up financing due to the low rate we got.

The charge off rate going up is the amount of loans that are being written off and closed.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    One thing is certain is that some car dealers and boat dealers have shown their asses in these past couple of years with idiotic inventory fees etc. When it hits the fan I will never spend a dime with any of those.
    +1 I took note on who was adding on "locale" markups. They will not get my business.

11. Member
    IMO, we're between the end zones now. Rates up, but prices/incentives not aggressive yet.
    Thinking the movement will be pretty good in the next six months. Good shopping in spring.

12. Banned
    Can’t wait, have cash but again hate to see others suffer so I get a good deal but been looking at utvs for over 2 years.

13. Member
    Going to have to buy a new truck by the end of 2023. Hope the 2023's don't go up too much.
    John the Garage Doorman

14. Member
    Doorman to give you an idea, my 2018 Tundra had a 45K sticker. I got it for 40K. The new SR5 Tundra cost about 52,000 if you can find one MSRP. A Tahoe can run 80,000. Tough time to need a vehicle.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    All the more reason it felt good today for the wife and I to take advantage of a nice fall day today to wash, wax and detail all three of our vehicles. With a combined 446,000 miles between the three we should be good for another year. I hope.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asabove View Post
    Yep. I had to involuntarily go new car shopping earlier this year when wife hydroplaned and rolled her small suv. Almost all had addendum stickers with at least 3-5k added and they were not negotiating. I abruptly ended conversations and walked away and they didn't care. Finally ran into a dealership in a small town. Turns out the dealership had just been reopened under new ownership and they wanted to sell cars. I still didn't get the deal l thought l could get, but after the visits with the other dealerships, a little compromise didn't hurt so much. I just now know what dealer's lots l will absolutely never set foot on again.
    Similar situation a year ago when my wife totaled her mint Armada out. But in our area, it was the exception to see dealers stepping on new vehicle MSRP, at least on the vehicles we were looking at. None were under MSRP though. Inventory sucked too. We ended up running 5 hours to St. Louis to get the vehicle she wanted, but even at MSRP, I felt ripped off.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the market comes back to normal. I've been expecting that to happen for quite a while now, so I'm not convinced it will happen soon. But who knows in the crazy world we're living in these days.
    John

17. Member
    Check out a local dealer near me. You can drive 45 minutes in any direction and pay MSRP.
    Screenshot_20221024-081321_copy_400x768.png

Prices are only going to drop for a short period. 1.1 million vehicles destroyed in Florida and rental companies trying to fill their fleets will drive everything back up over the fall months. Most new car dealers have learned their lesson on charging over MSRP I think.