Thread: Funeral homes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    for folks looking at cremation - look at "bequeathal of body" in your area - basically your body is donated to science, they handle the cremation and return the ashes to you. My parents put everything in place for this route years ago. When my father passed 4 yrs ago everything went smooth as silk, mom got the ashes 2 weeks after he passed and took care of the urn herself. Simple and easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzdr View Post
    I told my wife to have the folks from Body Farm, TN pick me up.
    Body farms usually have limited space because the bodies remain for an extended time. Medical schools are very selective about what they will take and most of the time you have to pre-arrange it with them. If you are serious about donating your body, find a mortuary school near you. These schools teach future funeral directors and morticians. When they are done, they usually cremate the body and return the remains to the family. There may be a cost, but it is usually minimal. We occasionally have families wanting to donate a loved one and this is one way to do that.
    "I see dead people"

3. Member
    Post #21 --how do you go about finding them and setting it up ? Sounds like what i would be interested in . My wife and kids no i DONT want a funeral !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

4. Member
    When my wife passed away several years ago, I went thru the process.
    ME was no issue, she passed away at the hospital & sick for a long time.
    Funeral home was professional & fair. About $1,100 including a nice urn.
    Pricing included 10 death certificates only three were actually needed.

They do a service most of us wouldn't ever want to do. I'm thankful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12