Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This site is dead

I've been out of pocket for a few months, and I was checking in here and there is nothing going on. Anyone getting out for some fall fishing? I'm hoping to get out later today after I fill up on almost $5.00 non ethanol. Miss the Mike updates. How many deer has he killed so far? How are the rockfish this year?
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. mikesxpress
    Kevin I've transitioned to offshore fishing which is over for the year and the acorn rat headcount is at 3. Slow start with all but a couple does having fawns with them. That will change in the next few weeks.
    I have a good crop this year:

Nice. Lots of tasty backstrap!
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Sorry to intrude but the OP's point is well taken. It appears you two have your own private forum, as indicated by the last four threads over the last two months having been started by you guys. Two each, we need a tie- breaker..

I have no suggestions for inducing more participation, perhaps the rumored rally in the spring may provide a spark? But the decline has been well noted since the Potomac-7 (? or however many it were) got booted several years ago. A bunch of really good guys - contributers all - and this forum hasn't been the same since. I don't know if anyone (I know Mike has) noticed but there has not been a moderator here for a couple years. Yeah, it's dead and I doubt it can be resurected. It has become much less than a shadow of its former self and I miss what we once had here.

You’re right. After that dark day it looks like just a bunch of lurkers check this forum for info. It’s amazing how busy we get, but I liked coming here for the banter.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    I just troll you guys now I mover from VA to GA!

GL Mike killum!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    I just troll you guys now I mover from VA to GA!

GL Mike killum!
    Lake Lanier. That’s a lot different than the Potomac. How’s the fishing been for you this year?
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Lake Lanier has been great for me in spring, summer is a diff story as they go down. It becomes an electronic game and I'm a power fisherman. Totally diff than Potomac and Kerr.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

9. mikesxpress
    James don't you need a 50' boat to fish Lanier in the summer months? If you guys think Anna has Yahooer boat traffic you ain't seen nothing.

10. mikesxpress
    Bruce we no longer have the attention of the Potomac masses with all the other social media sites available. Too many other unregulated Assbook sites to visit for a daily dose of BS. Or YouBoob for a video of the same BS. Times have changed.

That sucks because I won’t use Facebook or twitter.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    You’re right. After that dark day it looks like just a bunch of lurkers check this forum for info. It’s amazing how busy we get, but I liked coming here for the banter.
    How dare they!! They need to do their own work. Oh, by the way, I'm fishing out of Mattawoman Monday through Wednesday next week. Where and what are they biting?

13. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Oh, by the way, I'm fishing out of Mattawoman Monday through Wednesday next week. Where and what are they biting?
    If you launch out of Mattingly Park (free) in the no wake zone...
    Go left, up creek about 125 yards and there is a small creek on the left. They are killing hot dog chunks fished weightless.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
    If you launch out of Mattingly Park (free) in the no wake zone...
    Go left, up creek about 125 yards and there is a small creek on the left. They are killing hot dog chunks fished weightless.

Good one!! Would that be cooked or raw?

I really am driving over there Monday for 3 days. If I find fish I can catch them, the only advice I have so far is from a guy that regularly fished there a couple years ago and he said go past Slavins and scout around there.

It can get bad on weekends in the lower section for sure. Mornings and evenings after 5 are not so bad. anywhere near a holiday and best to go shopping with wife to pay it forward - hahah

I love the lake challenge and its big enough to find new stuff all the time but I fish solo and need help with electronics. Just dont have total confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    James don't you need a 50' boat to fish Lanier in the summer months? If you guys think Anna has Yahooer boat traffic you ain't seen nothing.

16. Member
    No fellow BBC'ers will chip in? If any of you ever head for the Eastern Shore rivers I'd share what I know with you-all. It is what it is I guess.

A few cobwebs in here. Won’t be the first forum died out. I still read them anyway. No Facebook for me.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

18. Member
    An unnamed member sent me an I-M with some hints. I appreciate that, every little bit helps. I'll be there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Gonna go look for a three legged rabbit, a two leaf clover and a cracked mirror for luck.

19. mikesxpress
    IM's are how your going to get any worthwhile fishing information on here. Too many tourists looking for "spots".
    Maybe some more info on Instagrope or Twatter?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    IM's are how your going to get any worthwhile fishing information on here. Too many tourists looking for "spots".
    Maybe some more info on Instagrope or Twatter?

Roger Thanks
    Last edited by billnorman1; 10-22-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast