Seat Post Leaking

2014 721, seat post holes leak and let water in the front compartment. I bought this boat used, put the plugs in from Drewcraft and it helps, but they still leak pretty bad. Is there supposed to be a drain tube? The boat had a big plastic organizer in the front area, but I took that out. There is a black cap in the center of the compartment, I popped it out thinking that's the drain, but it looks like straight foam in there. Don't want to just water log that.

My thoughts are try and put a drain in if there's reasonable access, or do my best to cap them off with mastic/tape/4200 or something.

2. Member
    AustinV,

There's a drain kit that Phoenix has for the seat posts, I would reach out to them. I also installed the Bobs Machine Shop seat post plugs, they have a rubber o-ring seal and fit nice and snug - NO WATER. . .

Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    2014 721, seat post holes leak and let water in the front compartment. I bought this boat used, put the plugs in from Drewcraft and it helps, but they still leak pretty bad. Is there supposed to be a drain tube? The boat had a big plastic organizer in the front area, but I took that out. There is a black cap in the center of the compartment, I popped it out thinking that's the drain, but it looks like straight foam in there. Don't want to just water log that.

My thoughts are try and put a drain in if there's reasonable access, or do my best to cap them off with mastic/tape/4200 or something.

3. Member
    I added one to my 721 several years ago. Here is a picture I found, I did something similar.

Drain 1.jpg
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ed View Post
    I added one to my 721 several years ago. Here is a picture I found, I did something similar.

Drain 1.jpg
    I'd like to know how the heck you got under deck to put that on there......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I'd like to know how the heck you got under deck to put that on there......
    That was not mine! I did it, it has been a while. It is not as bad as it looks.

A buddy bought my 721, I need to get a picture of what I did.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34