HDS 12 Gen 3 Issue

Where would you send your HDS 12 for repair? Mine flickers and seems to have become very voltage sensitive. I have heard horror stories about sending stuff back to Lowrance for repair.

2. Member
    Lowrance will not repair a Gen 3. You might get a deal on a newer unit if you call. I believe ClearCast Marine electronics can try to repair but they only look at certain issues and the cost is very high.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    I was having the same issue on my bow HDS 9 GEN3. Would come back in and out when I shook the power cable as well. Changed out the power cord and issue is gone. Worth a try for $40.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfisher View Post
    I was having the same issue on my bow HDS 9 GEN3. Would come back in and out when I shook the power cable as well. Changed out the power cord and issue is gone. Worth a try for $40.
    This is the same thing i had happen. New power cord problem gone.

5. Member
    Thank you everyone I will head over to Basspro today and get a new power cord!! If not then I have someone to contact!!

6. Member
    I replaced the power cord this weekend while under the dash I noticed corrosion on the positive terminal. I have a separate battery for just for my electronics, I replaced the positive eyelet and cleaned the negative. My Gen 3 seems to be very happy!!