Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is the EV truck I would definitely buy

I doubt it will ever be made into a production vehicle, but it sure does look good and I guess we can still dream.

Boatless Bank Trash for now

2. Member
    Can it tow a boat from Alaska to Florida on one charge? If not, it is useless to me. ICE forever

3. Member

4. Member
    I love the look and the cleanliness of the hardware. If I had bottomless pockets I would have one just for fun. Still not completely sold on EV trucks.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Can it tow a boat from Alaska to Florida on one charge? If not, it is useless to me. ICE forever
    can a 1/2ton pickup drive from Alaska to Florida on a single tank of gas? I literally don’t know if one that can, so using your logic then ICE is useless for you as well.

I'm not sold on towing with EVs but also completely cognizant that they are improving much faster than any other type of automotive so who knows what we will see in the next 5 years
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    can a 1/2ton pickup drive from Alaska to Florida on a single tank of gas? I literally don’t know if one that can, so using your logic then ICE is useless for you as well.

I'm not sold on towing with EVs but also completely cognizant that they are improving much faster than any other type of automotive so who knows what we will see in the next 5 years
    Your sarcasm detector is broken.....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    Your sarcasm detector is broken.....
    it usually is
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Well with a truck chassis and layout you would have room for two batteries....maybe 3....maybe 4.....

Too me part of the nostalgia of an old vehicle is hearing the rumble of a V8.

10. Member
    Love the looks of that, just wish it had a nice V8 in it.

11. Member

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    I love the look and the cleanliness of the hardware. If I had bottomless pockets I would have one just for fun. Still not completely sold on EV trucks.
    Same for me but for a weekend cruiser it would be fun

13. Member
    That truck would be perfect, if it had a mildly hopped up 302 with fuel injection !

Zero Labs Automotive Electric Vehicles Check these guys out. Watched a show on them once. Looks old everywhere but under the hood.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    Late '78-79 had Square headlights. Early '78 had Round.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

16. Member
    Friend just bought a Rivian $32 to charge it. Electric is junk and worse for environment!! Coal, gas, and propane make electricity. These climate change people are absolute fools and EV is not the answer right now unless live in a big city commuting etc

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    Friend just bought a Rivian $32 to charge it. Electric is junk and worse for environment!! Coal, gas, and propane make electricity. These climate change people are absolute fools and EV is not the answer right now unless live in a big city commuting etc
    That’s a lot to charge. I’m at the beach right now. I had to stop once on a 4 hour trip to charge. Cost me $15.

18. Member
    $32 is a lot, but still likely less than half the money if he was filling up and driving the same distance in an ICE.

Sounds like a deal to me, especially since I just spend $100 filling up my truck. Natural Gas and Propane are much cleaner burning than gasoline and it is is also much easier to control one pollution source than 1000's. Electric is not the answer for everyone, but does fit many people very well.

20. Member
    And BBC doesn't surprise. Another thread flushed down the shitter. Some serious Debbie Downers on this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast