Thread: Talons

Talons

Looking at 8 ft talons, mostly because of low garage door, so, what is maximum water depth that 8 ft talons need to hold a boat, also maximum water dept for 10 ft talons,

2. Member
    I had a talon and now have 8' poles. It really depends on the bottom. My TM is in the water a good foot so on hard bottom i'm good in about 6.5' DF reading. In soft bottom about 5' to get a good hold.

3. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Length matters. If you're worried about clearing the garage doors install the hinge mounts so you can pivot them down when going in or out. Just don't forget I have two 12's and like ksu mentioned, depending on bottom I can usually get a good anchor if 11-11.5' is showing on the plotter

4. Member
    My next boat will have 12’ talons with tilt brackets.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

5. Member
    I'm gong to be honest, I have 8' Power Poles and truthfully, thet are very limited. If you're going with Talons, go at least 10' with tilt brackets.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Instead of talons, I high recommend the new Raptors, Ive been running them a while on my boat, 10' Raptors and I have owned Talons and Power Poles before. Raptors win in my opinion, I love them. We sell them and carry them.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor