M360 Programming Questions

Helix9 G3N Mdi
    Ultrex with IPilot/Link
    Mega 360

I have the Mega360 all installed, powered everything up, started going through the instructions on setup.
    I printed the instructions and on page 36, they have you confirm connections. One of the things they have you check is the heading sensor, which I installed a few weeks ago; but it's paired with the Ultrex, not the Helix (or is it subconsciously connected through the Link?) or does this take more time to recognize than I gave it maybe?

The other thing I ran into was it had me check which type of GPS; it wants External but mine shows Internal. In Networking, I have my Ultrex selected as my GPS source. Again, did I not wait long enough for these items to be recognized?

Thanks for ideas!

2. Member
    I use a separate heading sensor for my units and share that data through the network. My HB heading sensor is also used as the external GPS source, it’s better than the internals.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    I use a separate heading sensor for my units and share that data through the network. My HB heading sensor is also used as the external GPS source, it’s better than the internals.
    So does the Mega360 need another heading sensor?
    And I was under the impression that the heading sensor for the Ultrex was just a heading sensor and had no capabilities as a gps source.

If you want to use the Minnkota iPilot for GPS and its Bluetooth Heading Sensor you have to select it in the Network Source menu.
    That heading sensor only "talks" to the iPilot. It has to be powered and paired.

Since it is an Ethernet connection, that is not instant, you have to WAIT for Trolling Motor to be recognized (get a pop-up message stating that). ANY Ethernet connection has to go through the recognize process to be added to the network.
    The trolling motor GPS/Heading is listed as Int.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinal View Post
    So does the Mega360 need another heading sensor?
    And I was under the impression that the heading sensor for the Ultrex was just a heading sensor and had no capabilities as a gps source.

To MARK and DISPLAY waypoints on the 360 view requires a Heading Sensor.
    That Heading Sensor can be the one in the Humminbird AS GPS HS connected to and powered by a display, or the Minnkota one that is paired with iPilot GPS and networked as iPilot LINK via Ethernet.

In both cases, it's GPS that does the Waypoint. Heading is needed for direction
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I think I follow you Wayne; thanks again