Daiwa Tatula SV TW 70XH - for jerkbaits?

The Tackle Trap sale got me interested in trying out a Daiwa reel (Shimano giy regularly). Picked up the new Tatula SV TW 70xh to try as it looked really nice in the photos.

Intended use will be throwing jerkbaits. Is reel this a good choice for that technique?

2. Member
    You need to practice setting the SV spool to minimize backlashes. I think too many guys don’t want to invest the time. I have found tinkering with it every time I change a bait is critical. You will LOVE this reel so much you will likely feel compelled to upgrade to Zillion or Steez in short order. Good luck and good hunting.

3. Member
    How is setting the SV spool different?

4. Member
    CHeck YouTube videos.

5. Member
    I bought my wife a Curado 70 MGL and a Tatula 70 bought are about to be used today for the first time, if I can get it out of her hands I'll try throwing a MB 110 and see how she goes. I'm new to the Daiwa world being an all Shimano guy but have the new Zillion SV and love it.

6. Member
    The reel arrived yesterday and looks/feels great. Super compact and fairly lightweight. New ALX Zolo rod is scheduled for delivery today so I am hopeful to get a feel for the setup.

First test run on the lake won't be until next weekend but it feels like a good reel for the technique.

7. Member
    Used mine yesterday and she was bombing some 5/16 jigs!! I bought it for my wife but I made a few casts with it and was impressed.

8. Member
    I picked up a Tatula 70 as well, intending to use it for jerkbaits as well. When mine shows up I am heading to the river to give it a run.

I love my tatula 70. It’s a great reel and can cast light lures a mile. I actually use mine for neko rigging and can chuck a light worm a country mile lol. I have used it for jerkbaits and small topwaters as well and it performed perfectly. Go for it